Joel W. Heydenburk
Joel focuses his practice on real estate transactions and operational issues in connection with commercial real estate. Joel regularly represents landlords and tenants in the preparation and negotiation of commercial office, retail, and industrial property leases in Texas and other states across the nation. His experience consists of representing buyers and sellers in acquisitions and sales of commercial properties ranging from $1 million and exceeding $200 million. Joel also represents commercial debt holders and servicers in foreclosure proceedings in Texas. He regularly represents commercial real estate owners and managers in connection with telecommunications matters including telecommunication lease agreements, rooftop lease agreements, rooftop and cabling agreements, and cabling agreements.
B.B.A., Texas Christian University
M.B.A., Texas Tech University
J.D., cum laude, Texas Tech University School of Law
- Business Manager, Texas Tech Law Review
- Represented seller in the disposition of an approximately 400,000 square foot three-building office complex in the Preston Center area of Dallas, Texas.
- Represented an institutional landlord in connection with a complex 100,000+ square foot lease of the US headquarters of an international financial services company in downtown Dallas, Texas.
- Represented an institutional landlord in connection with a complex 238,000+ square foot lease to a Fortune 50 international financial services company in downtown Dallas, Texas.
- Represented the tenant in a complex 230,000+ square foot lease renewal of the corporate headquarters for a financial services company in downtown Fort Worth, Texas.
- Represented a large nonprofit hospital and health system in connection with multiple leasing and real estate development transactions throughout the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex.
- Represented the seller in the disposition of a 33 acre multi-building “to-the-trade” commercial development in Dallas, Texas; which was an award winning transaction
- Represented an institutional landlord in connection with a complex 250,000 square foot lease renewal of the corporate headquarters of a large hospital operator in Dallas, Texas; which was an award winning transaction
- Assisted in the representation of an industrial manufacturer in the sale of such business’ assets and related real estate transactions in connection therewith
- Assisted in the representation of a large commercial mortgage servicer in connection with various owned commercial real estate assets including a retail mall, retail pad sites, and retail strip centers at locations throughout Texas
- Assisted in the representation of commercial landlords and managers in connection with various telecommunications transactions
- Assisted in the representation of purchaser in the acquisition of a 20-story Class A office building in Atlanta, Georgia
- Assisted in the representation of seller in the sale of a multi-building office complex in Las Colinas/Irving, Texas
- Assisted in the representation of the owner of industrial warehouse facility in connection with various leasing transactions in Fort Worth, Texas
- Assisted in the representation of large landlord in connection with various lease transactions ranging from 1,000 square feet to 250,000 square feet at various office buildings throughout the southern United States
- Assisted in the representation of purchaser in the acquisition of a 20-story Class A office building in Fort Worth, Texas
- Assisted in the representation of seller in the sale of a large commercial farm portfolio located in multiple states throughout the western United States
- Assisted in the representation of banks and bond holders in connection with complex foreclosures throughout North Texas
- The Best Lawyers in America (Woodward/White Inc.)
- Real Estate Law, 2021
- “Texas Super Lawyer,” Super Lawyers by Thompson Reuters, 2020
- “Texas Rising Star,” Super Lawyers – Rising Stars by Thomson Reuters, 2008-2018
- “Top Attorneys” List, Real Estate, Fort Worth Magazine, 2006-2020
- “Top Attorneys” List, Real Estate, 360 West, 2018
- 40 Under 40, Fort Worth Business Press
- State Bar of Texas
- Texas Bar Foundation, Fellow
- Tarrant County Bar Association – Real Estate Section
- Fort Worth-Tarrant County Young Lawyers Association, Past President
- Eldon B. Mahon Inn of Court, Associate Member
- Greater Fort Worth Real Estate Council, Founding/Sustaining Member, Board Member
- Leadership Fort Worth, Class of 2009-2010
- Ronald McDonald House of Fort Worth, Board of Trustees, President, 2017-2018, Past-President, 2019-2020
- Junior Achievement of Chisholm Trail, Inc., Volunteer Teacher
- BNSF Next Generation Leadership Program at Texas Christian University’s Neeley School of Business, Business Coach
- Fort Worth Independent School District’s 2010 Census and Nine Single-Member Districts Redistricting Committee
- The Texas Lyceum, Director, Class of 2018