Mahira’s practice focuses on commercial leasing, acquisitions and dispositions of office, retail and mixed use projects. Mahira routinely drafts and revises commercial lease agreements for office and retail leases on behalf of both tenants and landlords, including restaurant leases and ground leases. Her experience also includes acquisitions of undeveloped property, mixed-use and multi-family use properties.
Prior to joining Jackson Walker, Mahira served as a judicial intern in the Texas First Court of Civil Appeals, and a judicial intern to the Hon. Nancy F. Atlas of the United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas.
B.B.A., University of Houston
J.D., cum laude, University of Notre Dame Law School
- Business Law Forum, Treasurer
- Hispanic Law Student Association
- Women’s Legal Forum
- Notre Dame Exoneration Project
- Notre Dame London Law Program
- Represented a Houston developer in leasing a mixed-use project on Lower Westheimer, which includes 100,000 square feet of office space and more than 50,000 square feet of retail.
- South Asian Bar Association of Houston (SABA), Board Member – Vice President of Fundraising, 2020-2021
- Hispanic Bar Association of Houston Member 2019-Present