Meredith S. Tavallaee
Meredith Tavallaee is a trial attorney in Jackson Walker’s Dallas office focused on managing risk for her clients and achieving favorable outcomes in business disputes.
Meredith is well versed in contractual disputes and regularly analyzes and litigates issues related to a variety of complex contracts such as purchase agreements, employment agreements, promissory notes, loans, leases and non-disclosure and non-solicitation agreements.
She is experienced in all phases of litigation from investigation to trial including taking and defending depositions of witnesses, handling mediations, preparing witnesses for trial testimony and depositions, drafting and arguing evidentiary and dispositive motions, negotiating settlements and collecting judgments.
Prior to Jackson Walker, Meredith practiced at a national law firm where she focused on litigating M&A disputes in the healthcare, financial services and real estate industries. Meredith also served as a judicial intern for the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas. Before attending law school, Meredith interned at the Musée du Louvre and Musée de Cluny in Paris, France.
Meredith serves on the Advisory Council of the School of Arts, Humanities and Technology at The University of Texas at Dallas, and is a graduate of the Business Council for the Arts Leadership Arts Institute, Dallas Class of 2022.
B.A., with Distinction, summa cum laude, Southern Methodist University
- Phi Beta Kappa
J.D., University of Pennsylvania Law School
- Wharton Certificate of Management
- Journal of Law & Public Affairs, Founding Member and Articles Editor
- Journal of International Law, Associate Editor
U.S. District Court for the Eastern, Northern, Southern, and Western Districts of Texas
- Defended an oil and gas client against a $35M bankruptcy litigation and successfully negotiated a $1.5M settlement resolution.
- Successfully resolved a case after trial for a trust facing $18M+ in a contractual dispute in bankruptcy court.
- Regularly counsels commercial landlords and tenants and develops strategies to resolve issues arising from commercial leases.
- Part of a trial team that successfully represented a private equity firm and dental service organization in a $15M securities dispute.
- Regularly handles breach of contract disputes for clients.
- Drafted all pleadings in a large, multimillion-dollar commercial lawsuit against an international grocery chain with lawsuits across multiple jurisdictions.
- Texas Rising Star, Super Lawyers by Thomson Reuters, 2023
- “The DSO Model Offers Advantages to Dentists,” Dentistry Today (October 2019)
- “The Past, Present and Future of the DSO,” North Texas Dentistry (October 2019)
- “Recent National Treasure Acquired by the Louvre,” SMU Scholar: Collection of Engaged Learning (April 2014)
- Dallas Bar Association, Member
- Dallas Association of Young Lawyers (DAYL), Member
- Business Council for the Arts Leadership Arts Institute (LAI), Class of 2022
- DAYL Lawyers Serving Children Committee, Co-Chair
- Advisory Council of the School of Arts, Humanities, and Technology at The University of Texas at Dallas
- CorePower Yoga Instructor and Teacher Trainer
April 24, 2023Newsletters
View Jackson Walker’s April 2023 Diversity & Inclusion Newsletter, Perspectives.
March 23, 2023Attorney News
Jackson Walker is pleased to announce the selection of 63 attorneys to Thomson Reuters’ 2023 “Super Lawyers – Rising Stars” list, which recognizes only 5% of Texas attorneys who either are 40 years of age or younger or have been in practice for 10 years or less.
November 17, 2022Newsletters
View Jackson Walker’s November 2022 Diversity & Inclusion Newsletter, Perspectives.
August 1, 2022Newsletters
View Jackson Walker’s August 2022 Diversity & Inclusion Newsletter, Perspectives.
July 12, 2022Attorney News
Jackson Walker congratulates Meredith Tavallaee on graduating from the Leadership Arts Institute as a member of the Dallas Class of 2022.