Steven R. Jacobs
Steve Jacobs is a partner in the Corporate & Securities practice group where he represents clients in securities transactions, reporting and compliance, mergers and acquisitions and other general corporate matters. He represents both private and public companies across several industries, including energy, technology and healthcare. Steve’s experience centers on public and private offerings of equity and debt securities, and he has represented clients in acquisition and divesture activities and 1934 Act reporting.
Steve serves as general counsel for both public and private companies and has represented clients listed on the New York Stock Exchange, NYSE-MKT and NASDAQ. He has also played a leadership role in several in-court and out-of-court restructurings.
B.A., University of Pennsylvania, 1982
M.B.A., Tulane University, 1987
- Beta Gamma Sigma
J.D., cum laude, Tulane University Law School, 1987
- Representation of publicly-traded energy company in connection with multiple “shelf take-down” offerings in excess of $300 million in common stock.
- Representation of privately –held construction company in issuance of $250 million of senior notes in a Rule 144A offering.
- Representation of a publicly-traded energy company in the contemporaneous closing of multiple acquisitions and issuance of $215 million of senior notes in a Rule 144A offering.
- Representation of a publicly held international equipment manufacturer in its going private recapitalization involving a concurrent tender offer and sale of shares and subsequent cash-out merger, with a transaction value of approximately $900 million; the issuance of $200 million of senior notes in a Rule 144A private placement; and the establishment of a $350 million credit facility.
- Representation of issuer in restructuring of $274 million of outstanding senior notes.
- Representation of a publicly-traded exploration and production master limited partnership in connection with the initial public offering of common units representing limited partner interests.
- Representation of a publicly-traded energy company in a merger with a master limited partnership.
Mergers & Acquisitions Transactions
- Representation of a publicly-traded energy company in the contemporaneous closing of multiple acquisitions and issuance of $215 million of senior notes in a Rule 144A private placement.
- Representation of a private convenience store chain in a joint venture with a major integrated oil company.
- Representation of a private energy company in a stock and cash merger with a private refining company and concurrent public offering.
- Representation of a private exploration and production limited partnership in acquisition of oil and gas properties in seven states for $140 million.
- Merger of private exploration and production limited partnership and publicly-traded exploration and production company.
- Cross-border tender offer by U.S. publicly-traded exploration and production company for a Canadian publicly-traded exploration and production company.
- Acquisition of producing properties by publicly-traded exploration and production company from a major integrated oil company for $41 million.
- Acquisition of producing properties by publicly-traded exploration and production company from a group of sellers for $28 million.
- Numerous sales of producing properties for prices ranging from $5 million to $50 million.
- Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business, 2020
- Ranked for Corporate/M&A – Texas: San Antonio & Surrounds
- The Best Lawyers in America (Woodward/White, Inc.)
- Corporate Law, 2005-2021
- Mergers and Acquisitions Law, 2021
- Super Lawyer, Super Lawyers by Thomson Reuters, 2016-2018
- “Best S.A. Lawyers” List, San Antonio Scene, 2000-2020
- Business & Corporate
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Securities & Corporate Finance
- Who’s Who in Energy, San Antonio Business Journal, 2013-2014
- Outstanding Lawyers, San Antonio Business Journal, 2012
- 40 Under 40, San Antonio Business Journal, 1999
- State Bar of Texas
- American Bar Association, Business Law Section