Blockchain & Cryptoassets
Jackson Walker’s blockchain practice brings together lawyers from a variety of specialties to service our client’s legal needs across the rapidly developing blockchain, distributed ledger, cryptoasset, and smart contract landscape.
Drawing on our experience in corporate law, banking and finance, intellectual property, privacy and cybersecurity, tax, investment funds, private equity, mergers and acquisitions, healthcare, and securities litigation, this multidisciplinary group is well-positioned to represent and advise clients in a broad range of transactions and disputes.
- Assisting individual investors, family offices, and venture funds in the evaluation of investments in cryptoassets and blockchain technology ventures
- Representation of institutional investors evaluating commitments to cryptoasset and blockchain technology funds
- Assisting with patent applications for blockchain-related technology
- Representation of clients in litigation regarding mining-as-a-service contracts
- Tax advice to individuals and business regarding cryptocurrency investments, trading, and lending
- Counseling clients with respect to securities law issues related to initial coin offerings, SAFTs, and related capital raising instruments
- Representation of fund managers in the formation and capital raising for venture funds and hedge funds investing in cryptoassets and blockchain technology