Blockchain & Cryptoassets
Jackson Walker’s blockchain practice brings together lawyers from a variety of specialties to service our client’s legal needs across the rapidly developing blockchain, distributed ledger, cryptoasset, and smart contract landscape.
Drawing on our experience in corporate law, banking and finance, intellectual property, privacy and cybersecurity, tax, investment funds, private equity, mergers and acquisitions, healthcare, and securities litigation, this multidisciplinary group is well-positioned to represent and advise clients in a broad range of transactions and disputes.
- Assisting individual investors, family offices, and venture funds in the evaluation of investments in cryptoassets and blockchain technology ventures
- Representation of institutional investors evaluating commitments to cryptoasset and blockchain technology funds
- Assisting with patent applications for blockchain-related technology
- Representation of clients in litigation regarding mining-as-a-service contracts
- Tax advice to individuals and business regarding cryptocurrency investments, trading, and lending
- Counseling clients with respect to securities law issues related to initial coin offerings, SAFTs, and related capital raising instruments
- Representation of fund managers in the formation and capital raising for venture funds and hedge funds investing in cryptoassets and blockchain technology
January 28, 2021
~7.5 minutes | As potential investors contemplate getting into the blockchain and cryptocurrency market, Michael Laussade discusses the practical and legal implications surrounding these issues, including the potential for fraud and white collar issues.
January 19, 2021
New Year, New Legal Focus: The Impact of Cryptocurrencies and Blockchain Law | The Mid-Market Report
As the chair of Jackson Walker’s Blockchain & Cryptoassets practice, Michael L. Laussade spoke with The Mid-Market Report about how he first got involved in blockchain and how this complex, technical area will impact transactions in the future.
July 30, 2019
Jonathan Neerman and Mike Laussade Present Regulatory Challenges for Broker-Dealers and Investment Advisers During Compliance Workshop
As compliance officers and in-house counsel for both broker-dealers and investment advisers attempt to navigate today’s tough regulatory challenges, Jackson Walker partnered with the ACA Compliance Group to host a complimentary workshop discussing topics relevant to both groups.
January 8, 2018
While the SEC has worked over the last several months to provide meaningful guidance around the offer and sale of digital tokens, state securities regulators have now begun to take action, with Texas leading the way.