For more than 25 years as a trial lawyer, Curt Langley has developed a diverse commercial litigation practice handling lawsuits and arbitration across Texas and in various other states across the country.
Commercial litigation matters, including:
- Real estate litigation
- Healthcare litigation
- Energy litigation
- Energy trading disputes
- Construction litigation
- Labor and employment law
- Adversary proceedings in bankruptcy court
- Prosecution and defense of class action lawsuits
- Defamation actions
- Misappropriation of trade secrets
- Director and officer liability
- Fair Credit Reporting Act
- Petroleum Marketing Practices Act
- Commercial credit
- Lender liability
- Appellate practice in state and federal courts
Reported & Significant Cases
- Bankcard Processing International LLC v. United Business Services LP, Case No. 01-10-01079-CV (Tex. App.-Houston [1st Dist.] 2012, pet. granted).
- Cluck v. Mecom, 28 S.W.3d 129 (Tex. App.-Houston [14th Dist.] 2011, pet denied).
- Heartland Holdings, Inc. v. U.S. Trust Company of Texas, Case No. 14-08-00232-CV (Tex. App.-Houston [14th Dist.] 2010, no pet.).
- Bank One, N.A. v. Douglas W. Wohlfahrt; 193 S.W.3d 190 (Tex. App.-Houston [1st Dist.] 2006, no writ).
- City of College Station, Texas v. U.S. Department of Agriculture, 2005 WL 2656128 (S.D. Tex. 2005).
- Tri-State Building Specialties, Inc. v. NCI Building Systems, L.P., 184 S.W.3d 242 (Tex. App.-Houston [1st Dist.] 2005, no writ).
- Wall v. Parkway Chevrolet, et al., 176 S.W.3d 98 (Tex. App.-Houston [1st Dist.] 2004, no writ).
- Reliant Energy Services, Inc. Enron Canada Corp.; Case No. 02-20447, In the United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit.
- Texas-Ohio Gas, Inc. v. Mecom, 28 S.W.3d 129 (Tex. App.-Texarkana 2000, no writ).
- Guest v. Cochran, 993 S.W.2d 397 (Tex. App.-Houston [14th Dist.] 1999, no writ).
- Matter of Dragoo, 186 F.3d 615 (5th Cir. 1999).
- T-N-T Motorsports, Inc. v. Hennessey Motorsports, Inc., 965 S.W.2d 18 (Tex. App.-Houston [1st Dist.] 1998, pet. Dism’d).
- Riner v. Allstate Life Insurance Company, 131 F.3d 530 (5th Cir. 1997).
- Glauser v. State Farm Life Ins. Co., No. 01-93-00015-CV, 1994 WL 470355 (Tex. App-Houston [1st Dist.] Aug. 31, 1994, no writ).
- College of the State Bar of Texas
- Houston Bar Association
- State Bar of Texas
- Texas Bar Foundation, Fellow
- Houston Bar Association, Teach For Texas Committee
- Orange Show Center for Visionary Art
- Smither Park Development Committee
- Menil Society of The Menil Collection
News & Events
Texas Bar Foundation Elects Nine Jackson Walker Attorneys to Fellowship
Curt Langley Elected as a Fellow of the Texas Bar Foundation
Lionel M. Schooler and Curt Langley Named Top Lawyers by ‘Houstonia’ Magazine
Ahead of the curve
Curt Langley Speaks on Federal Procedure
Jackson Walker Wins Appellate Victory for Bankcard Processing International