Lindsey C. Moorhead is an associate in the environmental section at Jackson Walker. She represents clients participating in site cleanup and remediation projects, including cost recovery and contribution actions, regulatory enforcement actions, and representation of potentially responsible parties (PRP) for both individual PRPs and as common counsel for PRP groups. Lindsey has actively represented clients in matters involving environmental litigation, including cases where she has obtained summary judgment on CERCLA liability.
Lindsey has negotiated consent decrees and administrative settlement agreements on behalf of PRPs with the Environmental Protection Agency and Department of Justice and defended governmental enforcement actions and claims involving natural resource damage, personal injury and property damage, and cost-recovery and indemnification. She works with clients, technical consultants, and engineers to ensure cost-effective and efficient site remediations while also working to ensure compliance with legal obligations.
Lindsey also represents clients on pipeline matters, including negotiating easement amendments, encroachment and removal agreements, and termination and release of easement agreements, while also advising on related environmental considerations.
Lindsey’s practice also includes an extensive amount of environmental litigation, including defending several clients in cases concerning underground storage tanks.
- American Bar Association, Vice Chair – Environmental, Energy, and Resources Law, Science and Technology Committee
- Houston Bar Association, Auxiliary Scholarship Committee
- Houston Young Lawyers Association
- Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo Calf Scramble Committee
- Houston Bar Association – Environmental Law Section
- South Texas College of Law Young Alumni Council
- South Texas College of Law Alumni Association Board of Directors
- Friends of Depelchin Board Member
Environment, Energy, and Resources Law: The Year in Review 2015, Chapter 29 – Science and Technology
Environment, Energy, and Resources Law: The Year in Review 2016, Chapter 29 – Science and Technology
News & Events
- News & Publications
“I Need to Hire an Expert: Now What?!,” Chevron Law Department, Lunch and Learn Series, August 2012
Presenter, Arranger Liability Post-BNSF (August 2016)