Carey L. Hain
Carey Hain assists clients with complex commercial real estate transactions, including acquisitions, dispositions, financing, development and commercial leasing. Carey represents owners of office buildings, large mixed-use projects, multi-family developments and property undergoing varying stages of development, from initial development of raw land to redevelopment of under-utilized areas or existing assets. She also regularly represents borrowers and lenders in commercial financing transactions. Carey has represented both sellers and purchasers of commercial properties in transactions ranging in value from $10,000,000 to in excess of $500,000,000.
B.A., Rice University
J.D., cum laude, South Texas College of Law Houston
- Development, leasing and financing of 150 acre waterfront mixed-use project in Houston, Texas
- Acquisition, development and construction financing for multi-family projects located in various states
- Preparation and negotiation of master covenants, conditions and restrictions and incentive development agreements for numerous large mixed-use developments
- Acquisition and development of a 12 block area in the Midtown area of Houston, Texas for a mixed-use innovation district
- Negotiation of leases, amendments and property management agreements for office buildings in various major metropolitan cities across the United States
- Acquisition of 83,000+ acre ranch in Colorado
- Acquisition of ground leased property for development of a 10 acre mixed-use property in Raleigh, North Carolina
- Acquisition of a 175,000 square foot historic office building in Portland, Oregon
- Acquisition and financing for ground leased interests in private airport operations located across the United States
- Due diligence work related to large real estate portfolio acquisitions by private equity firms in the office, multi-family and industrial sectors
- Texas Rising Star, Super Lawyers by Thomson Reuters, 2020-2022
- Houston Bar Association Real Estate Law Section – Council Member
- NAIOP Commercial Real Estate Development Association
- Rice “R” Association (Athletic Alumni Association)
- Flock with the Houston Zoo
November 17, 2022Newsletters
View Jackson Walker’s November 2022 Diversity & Inclusion Newsletter, Perspectives.
November 7, 2022Attorney News
Jackson Walker is proud to announce the selection of Chevazz Brown, Matthew Cavenaugh, Carey Hain, Lindsey Moorhead, and Sang Shin to Houstonia Magazine’s “Top Lawyers” list of 2021-2022 in its Best of Houstonia.
September 6, 2022Attorney News
Jackson Walker congratulates Carey Hain on her election as the 2022-2023 Secretary and Treasurer of the Houston Bar Association (HBA) Real Estate Law Section.
April 21, 2022Newsletters
View Jackson Walker’s April 2022 Diversity & Inclusion Newsletter, Perspectives.
March 22, 2022Attorney News
Jackson Walker is pleased to announce the selection of 51 attorneys to Thomson Reuters’ 2022 “Super Lawyers – Rising Stars” list, which recognizes only 2.5% of Texas attorneys who either are 40 years of age or younger or have been in practice for 10 years or less.
March 23, 2021Attorney News
Jackson Walker is pleased to announce the selection of 36 attorneys to Thomson Reuters’ 2021 “Super Lawyers – Rising Stars” list. Spanning five offices and eight major practice areas, these up-and-coming attorneys have been nominated by peers within and outside the Firm.
February 11, 2021Newsletters
View Jackson Walker’s February 2021 Diversity & Inclusion Newsletter, Perspectives.
June 30, 2020Newsletters
Explore the accomplishments of our diverse attorneys and their involvement within our communities during the first half of 2020.
March 10, 2020Attorney News
Spanning five offices, six major practice areas, and experience ranging from six to 15 years, these 30 up-and-coming attorneys were selected based on peer recognition and professional achievement.
February 12, 2019Attorney News
Jackson Walker Elects 13 Attorneys to Partnership Across Austin, Dallas, Houston, and San Antonio Offices
Jackson Walker is pleased to announce the election of 13 attorneys to the Firm’s partnership.