Caroline Capili is an attorney in the Real Estate practice of Jackson Walker’s Houston office.
While in law school, Caroline interned for U.S. District Judge Marcia A. Crone of the Eastern District of Texas and the University of Notre Dame’s Offices of Institutional Equity, Gift Planning, and General Counsel. She also served as Editor-in-Chief for the Notre Dame Journal of Law, Ethics & Public Policy and as a research assistant for Professor Dory Durham, researching scholars in racial justice, civil rights, and public policy.
As a summer associate (2020 and 2021) and 1L LCLD Scholar at Jackson Walker, Caroline gained hands-on experience writing memoranda involving lender liability, e-signatures, and contractual waivers, updating the Media Law Resource Center’s Employment Handbook chapter on Texas Employment Libel Law, and preparing LLC and LP agreements for clients. She also co-authored with Jamila Brinson an article about the COVID-19 Hate Crimes Act.
B.A., magna cum laude, Baylor University
- President’s Diversity Council, Student Representative
- Baylor Undergraduate Mock Trial, Vice President
- Baylor University Student Foundation, Co-President
J.D., Notre Dame Law School
- Notre Dame Journal of Law, Ethics & Public Policy, Vol. 36 Editor-in-Chief
- Assistant Rector, McGlinn Hall
- Notre Dame Law School Alumni Office, Student Manager
- Student Bar Association, 3L Career Development Office Delegate, 2L Class Representative, D&I Committee Member
- First Generation Professionals, Alumni Affairs Coordinator
- Asian Pacific American Law Student Association, Alumni Affairs Coordinator
- Women’s Legal Forum Member
- Lone Star Lawyers, Founder
- Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch (Woodward/White Inc.), Real Estate Law, 2024
- Note, Corporal Punishment in the United States: Abolishment Under the Civil Rights Act of 1964, 36 Notre Dame J.L. Ethics & Pub. Pol’y 293 (2022)
- Contributed to “Combatting COVID-19 Anti-Asian Violence in the Workplace,” Jackson Walker Insights (2021)
- National Filipino American Lawyers Association Leadership Academy, 2023
- Houston Young Lawyers Association Leadership Academy, 2022-2023
- Baylor University Student Foundation, Leadership Council Member, 2022
November 3, 2023Client Results
Jackson Walker acted as the primary legal representative for New York-based client Harmony Housing Advisors, Inc., a nonprofit organization established by Stephen Rosenberg, CEO and founder of Greystone, in the disposition of a national portfolio of 121 affordable housing projects to The Michaels Organization and related affiliates for approximately $1.36 billion.
September 12, 2023Attorney News
Jackson Walker is pleased to congratulate Caroline Capili on her acceptance into the National Filipino American Lawyers Association (NFALA) Leadership Academy.
August 17, 2023Attorney News
‘The Best Lawyers in America’ Honors 287 Jackson Walker Attorneys in 2024 Edition, Including 12 “Lawyers of the Year” and 80 “Ones to Watch”
The Best Lawyers in America has recognized 287 Jackson Walker attorneys across 5 offices and 82 specialty practice areas in its 2024 edition, including 12 Lawyers of the Year and 80 Ones to Watch. In this year’s guide, Jackson Walker saw the largest number of attorneys in the areas of Commercial Litigation (66 attorneys) and Real Estate Law (60 attorneys) and the addition of 35 attorneys as Best Lawyers.
April 24, 2023Newsletters
View Jackson Walker’s April 2023 Diversity & Inclusion Newsletter, Perspectives.
February 3, 2023Mentions
New Notre Dame Law Program Helps Diverse Students Network with Big Law Employers | Law.com (Subscription Required)
Beginning in the 2022 fall semester, Notre Dame Law School debuted a new series of events called “Including YOU!” aimed at creating networking opportunities for law students from communities underrepresented in the legal profession.
December 21, 2022Podcasts
JW Fast Takes Podcast | ~2 minutes
This special holiday episode features first-year associates Caroline Capili, Shayan Gaziani, Alex Leseney, and Shannon Wright as they share their favorite things about the practice of law – and Jackson Walker.
November 17, 2022Newsletters
View Jackson Walker’s November 2022 Diversity & Inclusion Newsletter, Perspectives.
October 3, 2022Attorney News
This year, the firm proudly welcomes 18 law school graduates to expand our Bankruptcy, Restructuring, & Recovery, Corporate & Securities, Energy, Employee Benefits & Executive Compensation (ERISA), Finance & Banking, Labor & Employment, Real Estate, and Trial & Appellate Litigation practices.
July 27, 2021Insights
On May 20, 2021, the United States government enacted the COVID-19 Hate Crimes Act, which created a “designated coordinator at the Department of Justice (DOJ) to expedite the review of reported hate crimes and hate incidents for the duration of the COVID-19 crisis” arising from anti-Asian xenophobia.