Chelsea T. Wood
Chelsea Wood partners with public and private companies to handle a variety of corporate and securities matters. Her practice primarily focuses on mergers, acquisitions, dispositions, corporate reorganizations, spin-offs, joint ventures, strategic alliances, and controlled auctions. Chelsea also advises clients in matters involving entity formation and structure, U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission compliance, and general corporate governance. She has worked with clients across a broad range of industries, including technology, media, restoration and reconstruction services, healthcare, energy, manufacturing, aerospace, financial services, consumer products, and entertainment.
B.A., cum laude, The University of Texas at Austin
- Menendez-Pelayo International University Study Abroad Program, Seville, Spain
- Global Ethics and Conflict Resolution Summer Symposium, Planning Committee
J.D., Baylor University School of Law
- Represented The BMS Enterprises, LLC and its affiliates in numerous acquisitions of property restoration and construction businesses across the United States, including its 2020 acquisition of Jarvis Property Restoration, its 2020 acquisition of FireDEX of Pittsburgh, its 2021 acquisition of CATCON Group, its 2021 acquisition of Mellon Certified Restoration, its 2021 acquisition of Stratton Restoration and its 2021 acquisition of Guardian Restoration
- Represented a privately-owned construction services company in its $330 million sale to a private equity firm
- Represented Novaria Group and its affiliates in numerous acquisitions of United States and Canadian manufacturers for the aerospace and defense industries, including its 2014 acquisition of Weatherford Aerospace, its 2015 acquisitions of the Sky and ESNA divisions from MacLean-Fogg Component Solutions, its 2017 acquisition of Electronic Hardware Limited, its 2019 acquisition of Acra Aerospace and its 2021 acquisition of The Young Engineers, Inc.
- Represented the largest shareholder of the W.T. Waggoner Estate in its sale of W.T. Waggoner Ranch to Stan Kroenke, the largest ranch deal consummated in the state of Texas
- Represented Atco Rubber Products, Inc. in its sale to Mueller Industries, Inc. (NYSE) for approximately $162 million
- Represented Mustang Energy Services in its sale to private equity-backed competitor Extreme Plastics Plus
- Represented a political subdivision in its $100 million sale of a portfolio of cell phone towers and related business to a strategic buyer
- Represented New Birmingham, Inc. in its $225 million sale to U.S. Silica Holdings, Inc. and its related spin-off of its iron ore business and certain other assets
- Represented American Beacon Advisors, Inc., a TPG Capital and Pharos Capital Group portfolio company, in its sale to Kelso & Company and Estancia Capital Management
- Represented URGO Group in its acquisition of the assets of Realm Therapeutics
- Represented a manufacturer of drilling machinery in its $65 million sale to a strategic competitor
- Represented Hastings Entertainment, Inc. in its sale to an affiliate of National Entertainment Collectibles Association, Inc. for a total equity value of approximately $76 million
- Represented Sabre Corporation in acquiring the assets of Genares Worldwide Reservation Services, Ltd.
- Represented Preferred Pump & Equipment, L.P. in the acquisition and sale of multiple water well drilling and pump distribution businesses throughout the U.S.
- Represented a software company in its $60 million sale to a strategic competitor
- Texas Rising Star, Super Lawyers by Thomson Reuters, 2022
- “Top Attorneys” List – Corporate Finance and Mergers & Acquisitions, 360 West, 2017-2021
- “Top Attorneys” List – Corporate Finance and Mergers & Acquisitions, Fort Worth Magazine, 2013-2019
- Tarrant County Bar Association, Member
- Tarrant County Young Lawyers Association, Member
- Texas Bar Foundation, Fellow
- Junior League of Fort Worth
- Tarrant Area Food Bank Friend-to-Friend letter campaign
- Co-Chair, 2016
- Central Area Council of the Fort Worth Chamber of Commerce, Board Member, 2015-2021