Christina Vitale is a partner in the Investigations & Trial & Appellate Litigation sections of Jackson Walker’s Houston office, where she represents clients in investigations and before state and federal courts. Christina offers sophisticated complex investigations and commercial litigation experience related to civil, criminal, multi-state litigation, multi-district litigation, and class action litigation. She also handles a broad range of compliance issues and investigation matters, including:
- Sexual abuse and other complex criminal allegations
- Unfair business practices and deceptive trade practices claims and litigation for pharmaceutical, financial services companies, credit reporting agencies, life sciences, and pharmaceutical companies
- Internal compliance auditing for consumer defense and bankruptcy issues
- White collar criminal defense concerning wire fraud and Medicare fraud claims
- Trials including fact and expert pre-trial discovery
Prior to Jackson Walker, Christina practiced life sciences, financial services, and class action litigation at an international law firm.
B.A., magna cum laude, with honors, University of Arizona
J.D., summa cum laude, American University Washington College of Law
- Order of the Coif
District of Columbia
U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit
U.S. District Courts for the Eastern, Northern, Southern, and Western Districts of Texas
U.S. District Court for the District of Arizona
U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin
Areas of Focus
- Investigations – internal and external, civil and criminal (e.g., co-led the independent investigation of Oklahoma death penalty case State v. Glossip; lead investigator of sexual abuse claims)
- Complex commercial litigation
- Class actions
- Internal and external investigations
- Life sciences and health litigation
- Pharmaceutical litigation
- Products liability litigation
- Banking and financial services litigation and enforcement actions
- Consumer credit actions
Christina undertakes complex investigations, both internally and externally, for clients, litigates complex matters and class actions before U.S. state and federal courts, with an emphasis on pharmaceutical and financial services, investigations, banking enforcement actions, and consumer protection issues. She also represents clients before federal and state regulatory agencies, including the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, the Office of the Comptroller, and state attorneys general. Christina offers experience handling complex and sensitive investigations (both internal and external), sexual abuse allegations and misconduct, consumer protection and unfair business and deceptive trade practices; healthcare and life sciences product liability litigation; bankruptcy-related litigation and claims issues; forensic accounting issues; the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act; the Fair Credit Reporting Act; state unfair competition and deceptive trade practices laws; public nuisance and product liability issues; as well as the U.S. Bankruptcy Code.
Lawdragon 500 Leading Litigators in America, 2023-2024
- Speaker, “So sue me: How to tactically defend against consumer class actions,” Retail Law Conference presented by Retail Litigation Center/Retail Industry Leaders Association (October 2017)
- Co-Author, “Making Sense Of 9th Circ. Spokeo Decision On Remand,” Law360 (September 2017)
- Co-Author, “CFPB Offers Guidance on Deferred-Interest Programs and Disclosures,” National Law Review (July 2017)
- Co-Author, “How FERC Is Fueling New Merchant Transmission Projects,” Law360 (February 2013)
- Co-Author, “Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) Refines Priority Rights to Participant-Funded Transmission,” National Law Review (January 2013)
- Co-Author, “FERC Denies Market-Based Rate Application,” National Law Review (May 2012)
December 4, 2023Newsletters
View Jackson Walker’s December 2023 Diversity & Inclusion Newsletter, Perspectives.
September 14, 2023Attorney News
Jackson Walker Congratulates 35 Attorneys Named Among the Lawdragon 500 Leading Litigators in America
Jackson Walker announces the selection of 35 attorneys to Lawdragon’s 2024 list of the 500 leading litigators in America.
August 24, 2023Newsletters
View Jackson Walker’s August 2023 Diversity & Inclusion Newsletter, Perspectives.
May 5, 2023Client Results
On May 5, the United States Supreme Court issued a stay of execution for Richard Glossip after it was requested by the State of Oklahoma and Glossip’s defense team.
May 2, 2023Spotlight
The documents below include evidence that was not disclosed to the jury in State v. Glossip.
April 24, 2023Newsletters
View Jackson Walker’s April 2023 Diversity & Inclusion Newsletter, Perspectives.
April 7, 2023Client Results
On April 6, 2023, Oklahoma Attorney General Gentner Drummond filed a motion to vacate the conviction of Richard Glossip, a state inmate who has been on death row for 25 years, and remand the case to the district court for a new trial.
November 17, 2022Newsletters
View Jackson Walker’s November 2022 Diversity & Inclusion Newsletter, Perspectives.
November 7, 2022Client Results
Oklahoma Governor Kevin Stitt on November 2, 2022, granted a second stay of the impending execution for death row inmate Richard Glossip in the State v. Glossip case. Obtaining the stay was critical to allow time for the Oklahoma Court of Criminal Appeals to review a request for a new evidentiary hearing in his case.
October 7, 2022Attorney News
Jackson Walker Congratulates 36 Attorneys Named Among the Lawdragon 500 Leading Litigators in America
Jackson Walker announces the selection of 36 attorneys to Lawdragon’s inaugural list of the 500 leading litigators in America.