Dana Nguyen is an attorney in the Corporate & Securities practice of Jackson Walker’s Dallas office. She is passionate about understanding the unique and distinctive needs of each client’s business and enjoys helping them find practical solutions to achieve their business goals. She assists clients at all business stages, from entity formation and financing of new ventures to corporate governance, corporate restructuring, capital raising, and the sale and acquisition of companies or assets.
Dana has experience representing clients in M&A transactions on behalf of buyers and sellers in technology, hospitality, and healthcare. Dana has assisted in private offering transactions, including SAFE and convertible note financing, and has experience assisting clients issuing securities, including Regulation D offerings, and the related Blue Sky state requirements. In addition to the above, Dana has assisted clients with the formation, structuring, and governance of EB-5 funds.
B.B.A., Accounting, Baylor University
Master of Accountancy with minor in economics, Baylor University
J.D., Baylor University School of Law
- Distinction of Barrister
- 7th Best Speaker in Harvey M. Rickey Moot Court Society competition
- Formation of funds including private investment, private equity, venture real estate and EB-5 funds.
- Asset and stock purchases for private institutions at due diligence and deal closure stages.
- Corporate governance matters, including stockholder agreements, company agreements, partnership agreements and fiduciary duty issues.
- Drafting of complex limited partnership agreements and limited liability company agreements.
- Structuring the formation and operation of private equity funds.
- Acquisitive transactions involving partnerships, limited liability companies and corporations.
- Drafting and negotiating asset acquisition agreements.
- Presenter, “Decentralized Organizations DO Matter,” Dallas Bar Association (May 2023)
- Dallas Asian American Bar Association, Communications Committee Chair
- Dallas Asian American Bar Association, Connections Committee – HH Co-Chair
- Texas Minority Counsel Program, Dallas Reception Planning Committee
December 4, 2023Newsletters
View Jackson Walker’s December 2023 Diversity & Inclusion Newsletter, Perspectives.
August 24, 2023Newsletters
View Jackson Walker’s August 2023 Diversity & Inclusion Newsletter, Perspectives.
April 24, 2023Newsletters
View Jackson Walker’s April 2023 Diversity & Inclusion Newsletter, Perspectives.
March 21, 2023Mentions
Moved to help others by her immigrant mother’s struggle to launch a business, Dana Nguyen now guides startups in overcoming similar obstacles. Nguyen is an associate at Jackson Walker LLP in Dallas, working in the corporate section. She primarily deals with the transactional side of legal matters, such as writing contracts and assisting clients through deals such as mergers or asset sales.
November 17, 2022Newsletters
View Jackson Walker’s November 2022 Diversity & Inclusion Newsletter, Perspectives.
November 23, 2021Client Results
Jackson Walker represented Prophet Equity in the acquisition of Tennessee-based RJV Equipment, LLC, a provider of new and used equipment sales, rental parts, and maintenance services to the utility infrastructure and commercial construction markets. The transaction closed on November 1, 2021, for an undisclosed amount.
October 4, 2021Attorney News
This year, Jackson Walker proudly welcomes 16 law school graduates to expand our Corporate & Securities, Finance & Banking, Intellectual Property, Labor & Employment, Real Estate, Trial & Appellate Litigation, and Wealth Planning practices.