Daniel Lewis is an attorney in the Corporate & Securities practice of Jackson Walker’s Dallas office. His transactional practice focuses on mergers and acquisitions, credit facilities, and investment funds.
Prior to Jackson Walker, Daniel practiced at a prominent international law firm. He has also served as a judicial law clerk for Judge Don Willett of the Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals and as a summer clerk for the Office of the Governor.
B.A., Baylor University
- Phi Beta Kappa
- Studied abroad at Tsinghua University in Beijing, China
J.D., The University of Chicago Law School
- Texas Law Society
- Ruth Wyatt Rosenson Scholarship Recipient
Mergers & Acquisitions
- Handles asset and stock purchases for private institutions at due diligence and deal closure stages
- Assists with managing virtual data rooms, conducting due diligence reports, and drafting primary and ancillary materials during closing process
- Drafts non-disclosure and confidentiality agreements related to potential acquisitions
- Advises lenders and borrowers in establishing and refinancing bilateral and syndicated credit facilities
- Drafts primary and ancillary documents for acquisition financings, restructuring financings, debtor-in-possession (DIP) loans, revolving exit facilities, and amendments to credit agreements
- Handles formation, marketing, fundraising, and AIV formation of funds up to $22 billion in size
- Assists with subscription and onboarding process
- Drafts and negotiates side letters
- “Critical Distinctions Between Texas and Delaware LLC Law,” CSC CLE Webinar (July 2022)
February 8, 2022Client Results
Jackson Walker Advises Innovative Risk Management in Acquisition by Boston Specialty Insurance Broker
Boston-based specialty insurance broker One80 Intermediaries has announced the acquisition of Jackson Walker client Innovative Risk Management (IRM) and its underwriting affiliate Programs Plus.