Daniela Mondragón is an associate in the Trial and Appellate Litigation practice group in Jackson Walker’s San Antonio office. Prior to joining Jackson Walker, Daniela served a two-year term as a judicial law clerk with the Honorable Judge Marvin Isgur, bankruptcy judge for the Southern District of Texas, Houston Division. During her tenure as a clerk with one of only two Texas bankruptcy judges who oversees complex chapter 11 filings, Daniela participated, analyzed, and wrote opinions a great majority of which involved complex, billion-dollar corporate restructurings.
While attending St. Mary’s University School of Law, Daniela served as a legal intern for the Honorable Henry Bemporad of the United States District Court for the Western District of Texas. Daniela’s experience in drafting and writing can also be attributed to her time on the St. Mary’s Law Journal on which she served as Editor-in-Chief from 2017 to 2018.
Daniela is from the Rio Grande Valley, a cluster of border cities located at the southernmost point of Texas. As a result, Daniela speaks both Spanish and English fluently. Before attending St. Mary’s School of Law, Daniela joined Teach for America and returned to the Valley for two years during which she taught First Grade Bilingual.
B.S., Saint Louis University
- Sigma Iota Rho, International Studies Honors Society
- Martin Luther King Scholar
J.D., summa cum laude, St. Mary’s University School of Law
- St. Mary’s Law Journal, Staff Writer (2016-2017) and Editor in Chief (2017-2018)
- “San Antonio’s Outstanding Women in Law,” San Antonio Scene, 2021
- “Rising Star Lawyers” List, San Antonio Scene, 2021
- 2016 Blask Fellowship Recipient
- American Bar Association Young Lawyers Division, Diversity & Inclusion Vice-Director, 2021-2022
- Texas Bar College, Member