Genevieve M. Graham
Genevieve “Gen” Graham is an attorney in the Bankruptcy, Restructuring, & Recovery group at Jackson Walker in Houston, where she is involved in all aspects of commercial bankruptcy cases, representing debtors and creditors in small business and complex commercial reorganizations and liquidations. She has experience across many industries, including energy, financial services, and healthcare.
Gen has represented chapter 11 energy and healthcare debtors along with secured lenders seeking relief from the automatic stay. She has also prosecuted and defended fraudulent transfer and preference actions filed by chapter 7 and post-confirmation trustees. She has served as the lead attorney on bankruptcy litigation matters, including multiple evidentiary hearings and bench trials involving valuation, contested claims objections, and other contested motions.
After law school, Gen served on Capitol Hill as a legislative staffer, focusing on issues including the economy, budget, taxes, and the judiciary.
B.B.A., University of Nebraska, Lincoln
J.D., cum laude, University of New Mexico School of Law
United States District Court for the Northern and Southern Districts of Texas
- Represented a healthcare company through a Chapter 11 363 sale process and plan confirmation
- Represented oil and gas seismic services provider through a Chapter 11 363 sale process and plan confirmation
- Represented full-service provider to offshore energy sector during Chapter 11 363 sale process
- Represented post-confirmation Chapter 11 trustee in multiple preference and fraudulent transfer adversaries
- Represented post-confirmation liquidating trustee, successfully prosecuting multiple claims objections
- Represented a Chapter 7 trustee in multiple fraudulent transfer adversaries, successfully defending against motion to dismiss
- Represented secured lender in small business Chapter 11 proceeding and successfully prosecuted motion for relief from stay
- Litigated multiple requests for temporary restraining orders and requests for permanent injunctions in adversary proceedings
- Prosecuted and defended multiple adversaries against individual and corporate parties
- “Texas Rising Star,” Super Lawyers – Rising Stars by Thomson Reuters, 2018-2020
- International Women’s Insolvency & Restructuring Confederation, Events Chair
- Houston Young Bankruptcy Lawyers, Member
- Houston Bar Association LGBTQ+ Committee, Founding Member
- National LGBT Bar Association, Member
- State Bar of Texas Young Lawyers Committee, Bankruptcy Law Section
- Houston Young Lawyers Association, Member