Gracie Garcia is a persuasive and successful trial attorney who combines pragmatism, charisma, and dedication to deliver strategic advice and favorable verdicts. Throughout her practice, Gracie has successfully represented both individuals and entities in a wide variety of complex commercial litigation matters, including general business disputes involving breach of contract claims, negligence, fraud, and breach of fiduciary duty claims, as well as real estate-related disputes involving eviction issues, construction claims, mechanic’s liens, and homeowners’ association disputes.
Understanding that every client has different goals and needs, Gracie is able to assess every aspect of a matter with a keen eye toward detail in order to develop the best legal strategy possible, whether it be an aggressive yet persuasive litigation approach in trial, mediation, or arbitration. When other areas of law beyond litigation are implicated, Gracie works cross-discipline with colleagues in other legal areas of service such as bankruptcy, healthcare, or transactional law.
Prior to joining Jackson Walker, Gracie served as a law clerk for the Honorable Rebeca Martinez at the Fourth Court of Appeals in San Antonio, Texas, and also interned for the Texas Attorney General in Fort Worth. These experiences helped her develop an understanding of how the judiciary and governmental sectors view different legal issues.
B.S., cum laude, Texas Christian University
- Alpha Kappa Delta, International Sociology Honor Society
J.D., cum laude, St. Mary’s University School of Law
- Solicitations Editor, The Scholar: St. Mary’s Law Review on Race and Social Justice
- Phi Delta Phi, International Legal Honor Society
United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
U.S. District Court for the Eastern, Northern, Southern, and Western Districts of Texas
U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Northern District of Texas
- Represented a private equity-backed exploration and production company after the company was sued in Harris County District Court for breach of a purchase and sale agreement. The interest at issue was worth approximately $1 million. Using a defense theory she crafted, Gracie filed a Rule 91a motion to dismiss on behalf of her client based upon a series of complicated statutes under Delaware law which governed the claim. Prior to the Court’s hearing on the motion, the plaintiffs voluntarily dismissed their own claim.
- Texas Rising Star, Super Lawyers by Thomson Reuters, 2021-2022
- Speaker, Texas A&M University School of Law, Women of Color Collective Law Students Association, October 2019
- Speaker, Texas Christian University, Anthropology and Sociology Department, April 2019
- Eldon B. Mahon Inn of Court, Associate Member
- Dallas Bar Association
- Dallas Association of Young Lawyers
- Dallas Hispanic Bar Association
- Leadership Council on Legal Diversity (LCLD), Pathfinder Program, 2022
- Tarrant County Bar Association
- Tarrant County Young Lawyers Association
- Pro Bono College of the State Bar of Texas, Member, 2017
April 21, 2022Newsletters
View Jackson Walker’s April 2022 Diversity & Inclusion Newsletter, Perspectives.
March 22, 2022Attorney News
Jackson Walker is pleased to announce the selection of 51 attorneys to Thomson Reuters’ 2022 “Super Lawyers – Rising Stars” list, which recognizes only 2.5% of Texas attorneys who either are 40 years of age or younger or have been in practice for 10 years or less.
March 1, 2022Attorney News
Jackson Walker Selects Sang Shin, Gracie Garcia, and Gaby Rawlings to Participate in Leadership Council on Legal Diversity Programs
Jackson Walker is pleased to announce the selection of Sang Shin, Gracie Garcia, and Gaby Rawlings to participate in two professional development programs offered by the Leadership Council on Legal Diversity (LCLD).
March 23, 2021Attorney News
Jackson Walker is pleased to announce the selection of 36 attorneys to Thomson Reuters’ 2021 “Super Lawyers – Rising Stars” list. Spanning five offices and eight major practice areas, these up-and-coming attorneys have been nominated by peers within and outside the Firm.