Huey Rey Fischer
Huey Rey Fischer (he/him) is an attorney in the litigation section of Jackson Walker’s San Antonio office. Huey joined the firm as a summer associate in 2018 and 2019.
Prior to law school, Huey worked on environmental and food policies at the Texas Capitol. In law school, Huey interned for the Honorable Xavier Rodriguez in the Western District of Texas, researched water law in Mexico City, and studied safety regulations on offshore drilling operations. Huey began his legal career in New Orleans as a judicial law clerk for the Honorable Susie Morgan in the Eastern District of Louisiana, where he was exposed to many maritime and high-dollar tort matters. At Jackson Walker, he has worked on several cross-border disputes, First Amendment actions, and export control matters. Huey is also Guardianship Certified through the State Bar of Texas.
B.A., The University of Texas at Austin
J.D., with honors, The University of Texas School of Law
- Texas Journal of Oil, Gas, and Energy Law, Director of Media
- Mock Trial Team
United States District Courts for the Western and Eastern Districts of Texas
- “Best S.A. Lawyers,” San Antonio Scene, 2022
- “Rising Star Lawyers” List, San Antonio Scene, 2022
- Admitted to the Texas Bar College Legal Honor Society, 2021
- Co-Author, “Texas Federal District Judge: Use of Drones for Newsgathering Protected by First Amendment,” Jackson Walker Insights (April 2022)
- Spoke with eighth graders about free speech rights during Constitution Day (September 2022)
- San Antonio Chapter of the Texas Exes, Boardmember
- Tobin Hill Community Association, Member
- San Antonio Bar Association LGBT Section, Member
- Mexican American Bar Association-SA, Member
- San Antonio Young Lawyers Association, Member
September 6, 2022Attorney News
‘Scene in S.A.’ Recognizes Jackson Walker Attorneys in 2022 “Best S.A. Lawyers” List
Jackson Walker congratulates the 42 practicing attorneys in the San Antonio office who were included in Scene in S.A.’s 2022 “Best S.A. Lawyers” list.
April 4, 2022Newsletters
JW Media | VIA ePostcard – April 2022
View the April 2022 edition of the JW Media | VIA ePostcard.
April 1, 2022Insights
Texas Federal District Judge: Use of Drones for Newsgathering Protected by First Amendment
By Paul C. Watler & Huey Rey Fischer | In considering whether a Texas law banning the use of drones for surveillance purposes violates the First Amendment, a federal judge sitting in Austin held the law infringes on the right of journalists to document and disseminate the news.
January 25, 2022Attorney News
‘Scene in S.A.’ Recognizes 12 Jackson Walker Attorneys Among 2022 “Rising Star Lawyers” List
To be selected for inclusion in the “Rising Star Lawyers” list, junior attorneys with 10 or fewer years in practice must be nominated by senior attorneys who have at least 15 years of experience practicing law.
October 4, 2021Attorney News
Jackson Walker Welcomes 2021 New Fall Associates
This year, Jackson Walker proudly welcomes 16 law school graduates to expand our Corporate & Securities, Finance & Banking, Intellectual Property, Labor & Employment, Real Estate, Trial & Appellate Litigation, and Wealth Planning practices.