James Richardson is an attorney in the Corporate & Securities section in the Houston office. James focuses his practice on general corporate matters as well as mergers and acquisitions for clients in various industries including real estate and healthcare. While in law school, James clerked at a Houston law firm focusing on real estate transactions.
B.A., University of Texas at Austin
J.D., magna cum laude, University of Houston Law Center
- Senior Articles Editor, Houston Law Review
- Order of the Barons
- Order of the Coif
- Represented a seller of a rehabilitation center in a deal valued around $125 million
- Represented a seller of an insurance marketing organization in a deal valued around $19 million
- Represented a large real estate developer in various joint venture transactions to develop apartment complexes all across the U.S.
- Represented a Houston-based multispecialty clinic system in the negotiation and closing of a substantial strategic equity investment
- Houston Volunteer Lawyers, Member
- Hurricane Harvey Legal Relief Project, 2018