Javier Gonzalez is an attorney in the litigation section of Jackson Walker’s Houston office. He served as a summer associate with the Firm in 2019 and 2020.
Javier earned his J.D., summa cum laude, from South Texas College of Law Houston, where he served as Vice President of the Student Bar Association and an officer on the Board of Advocates. Javier currently serves as a coach to the Nation’s #1 ranked Moot Court Program, as well as mock trial and arbitration teams, at South Texas College of Law Houston.
While in law school, Javier was extensively involved in South Texas College of Law Houston’s advocacy program, winning the school’s 134th National Moot Court Championship, an award for Best Overall Advocate in the State of Texas, and multiple regional and state wide championships and awards in Moot Court and Arbitration. As a result of his moot court success, Javier was chosen as a recipient of the “State Bar of Texas: Award for Excellence in Appellate Advocacy,” which is awarded annually to one graduating student from each Texas law school for demonstrated excellence in written and oral advocacy. Javier has been inducted to the Order of the Barristers and the Order of the Lytae, and received the Dean’s Outstanding Advocate Award.
B.B.A., magna cum laude, Accounting and Finance, University of St. Thomas
M.B.A., magna cum laude, Finance, University of St. Thomas
J.D., summa cum laude, South Texas College of Law Houston
- Varsity Moot Court, Mock Trial, and ADR Member
- Order of the Lytae
- Order of the Barristers
- Student Bar Association: 1L Representative, Mid-Law Senator, and Vice-President
- Phi Delta Phi
- Leadership Council on Legal Diversity Scholar
- CALI Excellence for Future Award: Torts II, Texas Pretrial Procedure, Negotiations
- State Bar of Texas Award for Excellence in Appellate Advocacy, 2021
- William and Mary National Moot Court Tournament, 2021 National Champions and 2020 Semi-Finalist
- University of Texas Judge John R. Brown Moot Court Tournament, 2021 Semi Finalist
- ABA Arbitration Competition, 2020 Regional Champions and National Semi-Finalist
- National All Star Online Moot Court Competition, 2020 Semi-Finalist and Best Advocate Award
- Texas Young Lawyers Association State Moot Court Competition, 2020 Best Advocate Award
- Appellate Lawyers Association Moot Court Tournament Chicago, 2019 Semi-Finalist