Jay K. Wieser is an experienced trial lawyer representing energy, banking, and real estate clients in complex commercial and tort litigation, both as plaintiffs and defendants, in Texas and across the country. Jay’s practice frequently involves representing companies and their owners in lawsuits involving partnership disputes, fiduciary duties, and fraud. Jay also has significant experience in the upstream, midstream, and downstream segments of the oil and gas industry, having represented E&P companies, oil field services companies, gathering companies, gas marketers, and land owners.
Jay’s success as a trial lawyer is built on sound judgment, common sense, and his commitment to finding solutions that achieve his clients’ goals. In fulfilling this commitment, he is always accessible to clients and focuses on maximizing results, efficiency, and value.
- Defending one of the country’s largest natural gas gathering and midstream companies in multiple royalty cases in several states, including Texas and Oklahoma, with allegations including fraud, conspiracy, violations of the Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act (RICO), state and federal antitrust violations, and other business torts.
- Defending a large electric power generation company against multiple state and federal MDL class action antitrust claims alleging the client engaged in a conspiracy to manipulate natural gas and electricity markets through alleged “wash sales” and false trade reporting and seeking in excess of $500 million.
- Defended E&P company owner against claims by alleged co-owner seeking in excess of $50 million and complaining of fraud and breach of fiduciary duty. After a four week jury trial, secured take nothing verdict and attorneys’ fee award of approximately $1 million.
- Defended E&P company, owner’s estate, and related entities against claims by co-investors alleging partnership, breach of contract, breach of fiduciary duty, and fraud. Reached favorable settlement after vigorously defending claims. Plaintiffs proceeded to trial against co-defendants and obtained a jury verdict in excess of $75 million.
- NewDay Services for Children and Families, Board of Directors
- Liberty Bank, Associate Board
- O’Connor’s, Texas Oil & Gas – Statutes & Regulations, Editor, 2014-2016
News & Events
Jackson Walker Attorneys Author O’Connor’s Guide – A Go-to on Oil & Gas Law in Texas
36 Jackson Walker Attorneys Named to “Texas Super Lawyers – Rising Stars” List
Eleven Jackson Walker Attorneys Named to Fort Worth ‘Top Attorneys’ List
Jackson Walker Congratulates Its 2015 Fort Worth ‘Top Attorneys’
Jackson Walker Congratulates Its 2014 Fort Worth ‘Top Attorneys’
Jackson Walker Congratulates Its 2013 Fort Worth “Top Attorneys”
Jackson Walker Congratulates Its 2012 Fort Worth “Top Attorneys”
Anna Trimble Speaks on Food Truck Leases to the ABA