Jon Mark Hogg
In an era of never-ending litigation and increasing lawyer’s fees, Jon Mark practices law the way it used to be and should be again. He understands that the purpose of a lawyer is to help you deal with a legal problem, not churn up excessive legal fees that do nothing to achieve your objective. Jon Mark believes the practice of law is more profession than business, and he works to create and maintain long-term relationships with his clients. He has been working for many of his clients for decades.
Jon Mark is a seasoned litigator with experience across the spectrum of legal issues you or your company may face—real estate, probate landlord-tenant, consumer issues, commercial and contract disputes, injury and tort cases, civil rights, and employment law. Jon Mark is Board Certified in Labor and Employment Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization.
B.A., Baylor University
J.D., St. Mary’s University School of Law
United States Supreme Court
United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
United States District Court for the Northern and Western Districts of Texas
United States District Court of Colorado
Labor and Employment Law
Jon Mark has been a practicing trial and appellate lawyer representing both Plaintiffs and Defendants for over 24 years. The types of matters he defends include:
- Contract disputes
- Real Estate
- Inverse Condemnation
- Personal Injury
- Civil Rights
- Overtime and Wages
- Livestock disputes
Labor and Employment
Jon Mark is the only employment lawyer in San Angelo that is Board Certified in Labor and Employment Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization.
- Unions and Organized Labor
- Draft Employment Policies and Handbooks
- Employment Discrimination
- Defend EEOC Charges
- OSHA Complaints and Investigations
- DOL Audits and Investigations
- Overtime and Wages
- Provide employment law counsel and advice
Jon Mark believes that his relationships with clients are the key to a successful outcome in any type of legal dispute.
- Take nothing jury verdict in products liability, brain injury case against tower manufacturer
- Take nothing jury verdict in racial discrimination case against city
- Take nothing jury verdict in aerial spray drift case against applicator
- Successfully defended and upheld constitutionality of Texas animal cruelty statute
- Successfully defended case of first impression dealing with limit to discretion of law enforcement investigations, including briefing and denial of Certiorari to U.S. Supreme Court
- Obtained dismissal Japanese Multi-National Manufacturer in commercial products liability case based on lack of personal jurisdiction
Labor and Employment Law
- Defeat of union in decertification election under Railway Labor Act
- Defended city in unpaid overtime lawsuit by fire department employees
- Defended misclassification of employee actions
- Obtained dismissal of multiple EEOC charges and lawsuits for discrimination, harassment and retaliation
- Lawdragon 500 Leading U.S. Corporate Employment Lawyers, 2022
- Texas Bar Association
- Texas Bar Foundation, Fellow
- Society of Human Resource Management
- American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA)
- National Railroad Trial Counsel Association
- San Angelo Family Shelter, Board of Directors
- Be Theatre, Board of Directors
August 18, 2022Newsletters
Labor & Employment Dispatch: August 2022
View the August 2022 edition of the Labor & Employment Dispatch.
August 12, 2022Attorney News
Jackson Walker Congratulates 17 Attorneys Named to 2022 Lawdragon 500 Lists
Jackson Walker announces the selection of 17 attorneys to Lawdragon‘s lists of the 500 leading practitioners in bankruptcy and restructuring law and corporate employment law.
July 12, 2022Client Results
County Judge Dismissed From Lawsuit Involving Dispute Over Shooting Range on a Guardianship-Estate Property
The Eleventh Court of Appeals on April 28, 2022, ruled in favor of Jackson Walker’s client Scurry County Judge Dan Hicks and fellow appellee Pam Browning in a lawsuit involving property, a sports shooting range, and a guardianship.
July 11, 2022Client Results
Jackson Walker Obtains Supreme Court Dismissal of Case Involving Coleman County Jail
On June 30, 2022, the United States Supreme Court denied certiorari in a case involving qualified immunity for the Coleman County sheriff, jailer, and jail administrator. Jon Mark Hogg and Amanda Crouch led the Firm’s representation of the Texas Association of Counties in the Coleman County case.
March 5, 2021Client Results
Jackson Walker Obtains Jury Trial Victory for Midland Hospital in Title VII Lawsuit
Sarah Mitchell Montgomery, Jon Mark Hogg, and Judy Bennett Garner successfully defended Midland Memorial Hospital in a sexual harassment and retaliation case brought by a former employee. The case was filed in the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Texas – Midland/Odessa Division.
June 30, 2020Insights
As Texas Mayors and County Judges Issue Orders Regarding Local Restrictions, City of Laredo Brings Back Stay-at-Home Order
After Governor Abbott issued a proclamation on June 23, 2020, permitting mayors and county judges to impose restrictions on outdoor gatherings of over 100 people, several cities and counties have taken action.
April 27, 2020Podcasts
OSHA Compliance Guidance for Employee COVID-19-Related Illnesses
Jon Mark Hogg explains that while COVID-19 is considered a recordable illness, OSHA wants employers to focus on prioritizing good hygiene and preventative practices in the workplace.
April 20, 2020Insights
Summary of OSHA COVID-19 Compliance Guidance
To resolve confusion caused by the COVID-19 pandemic, OSHA issued several enforcement guidances, including those related to recording cases of Coronavirus and an interim enforcement response plan.
March 4, 2020Client Results
Jon Mark Hogg and Amanda Crouch Secure Appellate Victory for Crockett County in Wrongful Death Lawsuit
Jackson Walker attorneys Jon Mark Hogg and Amanda Crouch obtained a reverse and render decision from the Eighth Court of Appeals in El Paso, Texas, in a lawsuit brought against Crockett County and one of its employees.
February 27, 2020Press Releases
Jackson Walker Relocates San Angelo Office
Texas-based law firm Jackson Walker announces the relocation of its San Angelo team to 136 W. Twohig, Suite B.