Jonny Heins focuses on commercial real estate transactions, including acquisitions and divestitures, leasing, and financing transactions. Jonny has particular experience in office leasing, the acquisition and sale of developed and undeveloped land, and park development projects.
Prior to joining Jackson Walker, Jonny managed Permian Basin real estate development, surface and government relations at a company that acquires, develops, and explores for oil and natural gas properties in the Permian Basin. In that role, Jonny managed 1,000,000 SF of owned corporate real estate, 300,000 SF of leased corporate real estate and 165,000 acres of surface in Texas and New Mexico, while also engaging with trade organizations on regulatory and legislative matters.
B.A., summa cum laude, George Washington University
- Phi Beta Kappa
J.D., magna cum laude, University of Houston Law Center
- Houston Law Review
- Order of the Coif
- Order of the Barons, Chief Baron
- Top 10% of Graduating Class
- Formed Midland Downtown Park Conservancy to construct and operate $18 million Centennial Park in Downtown Midland.
- Oversaw the design, construction, and completion of a 205,000 SF, 585-office building and 310,270 SF, 811-space parking garage in Downtown Midland.
- Managed the acquisition of 769,596 SF of property in Downtown Midland through 19 separate transactions.
- Supervised the leasing and management of a 148,936 SF office building in downtown Midland, coordinating the marketing of the property for sale and negotiating the purchase and sale agreement (PSA) related thereto.
- Directed the analysis and proposal for development of solar microgrid pilot projects on surface acreage in Texas and New Mexico.
- Oversaw the acquisition of 53,640 surface acres through eight transactions valued at $139.5 million.
- Managed Midland campus and Permian field offices with 40-person team.
- Negotiated and drafted PSAs, right-of-way agreements, easements, surface use agreements, water PSAs and other surface agreements.
- Actively engaged several trade organizations, including AXPC, IPAA, NMOGA, TXOGA, PBPA and the Environmental Partnership to advance a common agenda on regulatory and legislative matters.
- Reorganized prior company’s political action committee and served as a member of the Steering Committee.
- MARC (large nonprofit serving disabled Midlanders), Board President, 2020-2021
- Midland Downtown Park Conservancy, Founding Board Member, 2018, Secretary, 2018-Present
- Midland Nonprofit Management Center, Generations Program, 2018