Joseph T. Guajardo
Joseph T. Guajardo is an experienced transactional lawyer who has worked closely with clients in a full range of corporate matters, including mergers and acquisitions, private placement of debt and equity securities, entity formation and governance, joint ventures, and general corporate counseling in a wide array of industries, including energy, manufacturing, real estate, technology, and healthcare.
Joe’s M&A experience includes extensive work in the healthcare sector, including representation of financial and strategic buyers and sellers in the areas of urgent care, occupational medicine, telemedicine, remote patient monitoring, durable medical equipment, nursing and residential care facilities, air medical transport, integrated patient services, management companies, and physician-owned practice organizations.
Joe provides value to his clients by being responsive, efficient, and attentive to details while offering creative and practical solutions to complex problems. Here’s how Joe’s clients have described him:
“Joe has exemplified the values we look for in our trusted partnership with Jackson Walker; integrity, respect and a focus on execution. We can’t thank him enough for his great work.”
“We could count on Joe to provide great advice when we encountered complex situations.”
“He was able to easily translate legal issues into practical business terms.”
“He was empathetic as we struggled with juggling ‘deal work’ while also handling our ‘day’ jobs.”
“His experience and disciplined approach guided us through the myriad of tasks and details that are essential to timely completions.”
B.B.A., University of Houston
J.D., cum laude, University of Houston Law Center
- Executive Editor, Houston Law Review
- Order of the Barons
- Winston & Strawn LLP Award, Best Case Note or Comment in the Area of Business Litigation, 2011
- Ongoing representation of a national healthcare technology company in executing its long-term growth plans, including by strategic acquisitions.
- Ongoing representation of several healthcare start-up companies, particularly in the areas of telehealth and telemedicine.
- Represented clients in the formation or qualification of professional service entities in all 51 domestic jurisdictions.
- Represented buyers and sellers of durable medical equipment companies, long-term care facilities and hospice agencies.
- Represented a private equity firm in the acquisition of substantially all of the assets of a Louisiana-based provider of energy services supporting both onshore and offshore drilling activities throughout the U.S.
- Business Council for the Arts – Leadership Arts Class, 2016