Joseph T. Guajardo
Joseph T. Guajardo is an experienced transactional lawyer who has worked closely with clients in a full range of corporate matters, including mergers and acquisitions, private placement of debt and equity securities, entity formation and governance, joint ventures, and general corporate counseling in a wide array of industries, including energy, manufacturing, real estate, technology, and healthcare.
Joe’s M&A experience includes extensive work in the healthcare sector, including representation of financial and strategic buyers and sellers in the areas of urgent care, occupational medicine, telemedicine, remote patient monitoring, durable medical equipment, nursing and residential care facilities, air medical transport, integrated patient services, management companies, and physician-owned practice organizations.
Joe provides value to his clients by being responsive, efficient, and attentive to details while offering creative and practical solutions to complex problems. Here’s how Joe’s clients have described him:
“Joe has exemplified the values we look for in our trusted partnership with Jackson Walker; integrity, respect and a focus on execution. We can’t thank him enough for his great work.”
“We could count on Joe to provide great advice when we encountered complex situations.”
“He was able to easily translate legal issues into practical business terms.”
“He was empathetic as we struggled with juggling ‘deal work’ while also handling our ‘day’ jobs.”
“His experience and disciplined approach guided us through the myriad of tasks and details that are essential to timely completions.”
B.B.A., University of Houston
J.D., cum laude, University of Houston Law Center
- Executive Editor, Houston Law Review
- Order of the Barons
- Winston & Strawn LLP Award, Best Case Note or Comment in the Area of Business Litigation, 2011
- Ongoing representation of a national healthcare technology company in executing its long-term growth plans, including by strategic acquisitions.
- Ongoing representation of several healthcare start-up companies, particularly in the areas of telehealth and telemedicine.
- Represented clients in the formation or qualification of professional service entities in all 51 domestic jurisdictions.
- Represented buyers and sellers of durable medical equipment companies, long-term care facilities and hospice agencies.
- Represented a private equity firm in the acquisition of substantially all of the assets of a Louisiana-based provider of energy services supporting both onshore and offshore drilling activities throughout the U.S.
- Represented a leading provider of B2B digital transformation services in the sale of its business to a Dallas-based private equity firm for an undisclosed amount.
- Business Council for the Arts – Leadership Arts Class, 2016
April 24, 2023Newsletters
View Jackson Walker’s April 2023 Diversity & Inclusion Newsletter, Perspectives.
November 17, 2022Newsletters
View Jackson Walker’s November 2022 Diversity & Inclusion Newsletter, Perspectives.
July 10, 2020Client Results
Jackson Walker represented Keste, a leading provider of B2B digital transformation services, in the sale of its business to Trinity Hunt Partners—marking its third platform investment in IT services.
February 10, 2020Attorney News
Jackson Walker is pleased to announce the election of 11 attorneys to partnership on Friday, February 7, 2020.
May 16, 2019Client Results
Based in Dallas, PBM is a physician-owned, independent pathology laboratory that provides technical, professional, consultative, and managerial services in pathology.
January 29, 2019Client Results
Jackson Walker Represents Prophet Equity in its Acquisition of Substantially All Assets of Francis Drilling Fluids, Ltd.
Jackson Walker represented Prophet Equity in its acquisition of substantially all of the assets of Francis Drilling Fluids, Ltd., a Louisiana-based provider of energy services supporting both onshore and offshore drilling activities.
May 4, 2018Client Results
Jackson Walker represented Prophet Equity, a Southlake, Texas-based private equity firm, in the sale of its Coppell-based portfolio company, CID Resources, Inc., to Superior Uniform Group, Inc. for approximately $88.4 million in consideration, inclusive of approximately 150,000 shares of Superior common stock. The transaction closed on May 2, 2018.
November 28, 2017Spotlight
Jackson Walker was named a winner for the “Corporate/Strategic Deal of the Year ($25MM – $50MM)” category at the 16th Annual M&A Advisor Awards Gala held in New York in November.
November 13, 2017Client Results
Jackson Walker successfully represented Flowserve Corporation (Flowserve) in the sale of their Flow Control Division’s Vogt product line to a privately held international company.
September 29, 2017Client Results
Jackson Walker has successfully represented Diversified Pure Chem (DPC) LLC, owned by Sumitomo Corporation of the Americas, in the sale of its business to A-Gas, the world’s largest refrigerant recovery and reclamation company.