Mahira Khan is an attorney in the real estate group of Jackson Walker’s Houston office. Mahira assists the real estate group with a variety of projects, including drafting legal research memos on Texas contract law, Texas usury laws, and reviewing and editing lease agreements. She was a Summer Associate with the Firm in 2018.
Prior to joining Jackson Walker, Mahira served as a judicial intern in the Texas First Court of Civil Appeals, and a judicial intern to the Hon. Nancy F. Atlas of the United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas. Before studying law, Mahira oversaw the sourcing and logistical operations of a textile recycling brokerage start-up run as a family business with her brother, who is still active with the company.
B.B.A., University of Houston
J.D., cum laude, University of Notre Dame Law School
- Business Law Forum, Treasurer
- Hispanic Law Student Association
- Women’s Legal Forum
- Notre Dame Exoneration Project
- Notre Dame London Law Program
- Represented a Houston developer in leasing a mixed-use project on Lower Westheimer, which includes 100,000 square feet of office space and more than 50,000 square feet of retail.
- Faculty Award for Excellence in Election Law, University of Notre Dame Law School
- South Asian Bar Association of Houston (SABA), Board Member – Vice President of Fundraising, 2020-2021
- American Public Health Association, Member, 2015-Present
- United Nations Association Houston, Former Member, 2015-2016
- Texas Memorial Hermann Hospital, Former Volunteer, 2014-2015
- Texas Children’s Hospital, Houston, Former Volunteer, 2012-2012