Mario Perez Dolan
Mario Perez Dolan is a partner in the corporate and securities section of Jackson Walker. Mario has represented both public and private companies in a broad array of corporate matters, including mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, corporate governance, securities matters, financing transactions, and general corporate matters.
A.B., Princeton University
J.D., University of Texas School of Law
In the mergers and acquisitions portion of his practice, Mario has represented both purchasers and sellers in negotiated transactions in a variety of industries. His experience includes representations of strategic purchasers and private equity clients in the acquisition or disposition of operating businesses, as well as controlling or minority ownership positions.
Mario also has extensive experience in counseling clients with respect to joint ventures and other formation and corporate governance matters. As part of his joint venture and corporate governance experience, he has represented both sponsors and investors in the negotiation of the underlying governance documents in connection with real estate development transactions.
He also advises clients on securities matters including fund formation, private offerings, and venture capital financings.
In each representation, Mario takes pride in understanding his client’s strategic goals and working towards achieving those outcomes in an efficient manner that focuses on client priorities. This approach has provided Mario the opportunity to develop long-term relationships with his clients and become a trusted member of the team.
- Best Lawyers Under 40, D Magazine, 2018
- Texas Super Lawyers Rising Star, Texas Monthly, 2013-2016
- Texas Bar Foundation Fellow
- Princeton Prize in Race Relations Dallas/Ft. Worth Region, Co-Chair, 2018
- Dallas Association of Young Lawyers, Member
- Dallas Hispanic Bar Association, Member
- Texas C-Bar, Volunteer
Mergers and Acquisitions
- Public pipeline equipment company purchase of valve equipment repair company
- Chalak Mitra Group purchase of Elephant Bar Restaurant franchise in 363 asset transaction
- Private equity firm purchase of industrial equipment manufacturer
- Media distribution software company merger with newspaper and direct mail distributor
- UK-based shipping agency purchase of Houston-based shipping brokerage
- Merger between Texas based staffing firm and private equity funded California software company
- Divestiture of pest control division of NYSE listed home builder.
- Divestiture of building supply division of NYSE listed home builder.
- Acquisition and merger of international technology company by NASDAQ listed silicon chip manufacturer.
Joint Ventures and Corporate Governance
- Family office investment in industrial manufacturing company
- Multiple mezzanine and traditional preferred equity investments by Dallas-based hedge fund in multi-family housing assets
- Multiple venture capital and venture debt financings for Dallas-based multi-level marketing company
- Negotiation of long term services agreements on behalf of packaging and logistics company
- Negotiation of ticketing and e-commerce services agreement on behalf of Fort Worth concert venue
- NASDAQ listed media company $56 million publishing business process outsourcing transaction.
- Multimillion-dollar long term revenue cycle management outsourcing transaction for India based business process service provider.
- Representation of privately held energy company in development of framework regarding termination of $3.5 billion outsourcing relationship with international technology and outsourcing company and replacement of outsourced services with third-party vendors.
- Drafted governance documents and advised 501(c)3 providing services to returning war veterans.