Matt Callison is an attorney in the Corporate & Securities section of Jackson Walker’s Houston office. Matt has experience advising business owners, portfolio company management, and private equity firms with general corporate work in addition to largescale energy, infrastructure and various other types of transactions, including co-investments, multi-bid auctions, and other portfolio asset divestitures and acquisitions. He handles general corporate and contractual matters for clients from diverse industries, ranging from construction and real estate development to energy and infrastructure to healthcare and technology leaders.
Prior to joining Jackson Walker, Matt served as a corporate associate at an international law firm. In that role, Matt coordinated complex corporate matters, including entity formation and re-structuring, mergers and acquisitions, and contractual negotiations and disputes.
B.A., magna cum laude, University of Texas
- Bridging Disciplines Scholar – Digital Media
J.D., cum laude, SMU Dedman School of Law
- Articles Editor, SMU Law Review
- Hutchison Scholar
- Representing a Texas-based infrastructure company in connection with the formation of a joint venture natural gas pipeline.
- Representing seller and purchasers in sophisticated asset and stock-based transactions and acquisitions, including coordinating and negotiating with banks and private equity firms.
- Advising clients as outside general counsel through entity formations and conversions, drafting and amending corporate documents and coordinating with CPAs and other third parties.
- Handling transaction signings and closing as well as auction processes, including the coordination of executed signature packets, payment transmission and receipt and third-party matters.