Monica A. Lopez
Monica Alyssa Lopez is an associate in the corporate and securities practice group at Jackson Walker, LLP. Her practice mainly focuses on corporate governance and general corporate matters. Monica is experienced in working with public and private companies and nonprofit corporations in connection with corporate restructurings, joint ventures, mergers, acquisitions and securities matters.
Monica received her law degree from Thurgood Marshall School of Law and graduated as Valedictorian of her class in May 2016. As an active alumnus, she often returns to her law school and speaks about her experience as a corporate attorney. Monica is also a member of the HBA Minority Opportunities in the Legal Profession (MOILP) Committee for the 2018-2019 Bar year and the One Night Committee benefiting OneGoal of Houston.
B.A.. The University of Texas at Austin
- Gates Millennium Scholar
J.D., Summa Cum Laude, Texas Southern University, Thurgood Marshall School of Law
- Co-Chair, Student Bar Association – Career Services Committee
Representative matters include:
- Representing a privately held, diversified manufacturing company in general corporate matters and closing a private offering of $350 Million Senior Notes.
- Restructuring the ownership of a real estate tower from a joint venture holding to a tenant-in-common structure.
- Restructuring of the real estate holding companies of a large nonprofit corporation.
- Representing a client in the purchase of an automotive dealership valued at approximately $13 Million.
- Representing real estate developers in connection with joint ventures and the multi-million dollar acquisition and financing of real estate nationwide.
- Representing a public company in its acquisition and disposition of securities and compliance with the Securities Exchange Commission with respect to 13G/D and Form 3, 4 and 5 filings.
- “The Road from Migrant Work to Law School,” The Texas Lawbook (October 8, 2018)
- Houston Young Lawyers Association (HYLA) First Generation Attorney Committee, Co-Chair, 2019-Present
- Houston Bar Association Minority Opportunities in the Legal Profession, Member, 2018-2019 Bar year
- One Night for OneGoal, Committee Member, 2018-Present
- Gates Millennium Scholars Alumni Association
Monica’s practice emphasizes:
- Joint ventures
- Corporate restructuring
- Mergers and acquisitions
- General corporate work
Her clients include:
- Real estate developers and investors
- Closely held businesses
- Startup companies
- Nonprofit corporations