Noah M. Galton
Noah Galton is a trial attorney who understands the importance of knowing his clients’ businesses and the fast-paced environments in which they operate. From assisting condemning authorities with large-scale land acquisition projects to defending entities involved in complex commercial disputes, Noah has experience providing creative legal solutions in high-stakes litigation.
Noah’s practice focuses on commercial litigation, including eminent domain, real estate litigation, litigating issues surrounding governmental/sovereign immunity, and general business litigation. Since receiving his license in 2011, Noah has prosecuted nine lawsuits to jury verdict and has appeared in dozens of administrative hearings in numerous counties across the State. In addition, Noah has extensive experience with pre-trial motion practice and has secured favorable results for his clients through the drafting and arguing of a broad range of pre-trial motions, including special appearances, motions to dismiss, motions for summary judgment, and discovery motions. Along with providing innovative and efficient representation to individuals and business entities facing challenging litigation, Noah enjoys counseling clients in litigation-avoidance strategies.
B.S., with highest honors, University of Texas at Austin
J.D., University of Virginia School of Law
- Virginia Environmental Law Journal, Editorial Board
- Assisted Austin-based electric utility with time-sensitive renewable energy project involving the acquisition of over 300 miles of right-of-way for a high-voltage transmission line, including negotiation of real property interests with affected landowners, coordination of efforts amongst a wide array of engineers, valuation experts, and land acquisition agents, and, when necessary, the pursuit of eminent domain proceedings to jury verdict.
- Representation of oil/gas midstream and interstate pipeline companies, railroads, municipal utility districts, regional mobility authorities, and electricity providers in the acquisition of real property rights in conjunction with extensive public projects aimed at expanding critical infrastructure in the State of Texas.
- Defended generic active pharmaceutical ingredient (API) development and supply company in the United States District Court for the Western District of Texas against breach of contract claims surrounding the development and sale of a generic Sumatriptan injector system, including trial by jury.
- Defended governmental employees against declaratory, injunctive, and ultra vires claims, ultimately obtaining a dismissal of the employees with prejudice on governmental immunity grounds.
- Argued special appearance on behalf of Connecticut limited liability company facing numerous claims in Travis County district court, resulting in a dismissal of the lawsuit with prejudice for lack of personal jurisdiction.
- Obtained final summary judgment against individual claiming trespass damages in connection with the filming of a television commercial in Elgin, Texas, and successfully argued for the affirmance of the judgment before the Third Court of Appeals. See Matthews v. Solomon, No. 03-15-00474-CV, 2017 Tex. App. LEXIS 1749 (Tex. App.—Austin Mar. 2, 2017).
- Defended homeowner’s association against claims for breach of contract and violation of the Texas Fair Housing Act, ultimately culminating in the claimant non-suiting his causes of action with prejudice.
- Defended utility company against wholesale electricity provider in contract dispute arising out of long-term power purchase agreement.
- Achieved favorable settlement for commercial tenant facing breach of contract claims in connection with alleged water damages sustained to leasehold premises.
- Negotiated pre-suit settlement of property damages claim on behalf of the owner of a unit within a high-rise luxury condominium in downtown Austin, Texas.
- “Texas Rising Star,” Super Lawyers – Rising Stars by Thomson Reuters, 2019-2021
- “Austin’s Top Attorneys” List – Eminent Domain, Austin Monthly, 2021
- Finalist, Austin Under 40, 2020
- Fellow, Texas Bar Foundation, 2019
- “Texas Supreme Court Reaffirms Validity and Scope of General Easements,” Jackson Walker Insights (February 2020)
- “Legal Fees: Staying Grounded in the Basics in an Ever-Changing Environment,” Austin Lawyer (September 2018)
- “Cutting-Edge Issues in Utility Easement Acquisitions,” 19th Annual CLE International Eminent Domain SuperConference, Austin (February 2020)
- “Measuring Just Compensation,” Eminent Domain and Private Property Rights Law Course, University of Texas School of Law (March 2018; March 2017)
- “Conflicts of Interest & Other Important Considerations for Your Practice,” IRWA Spring Seminar (April 2017)
- Vice Chair, Austin Bar Association – Eminent Domain Section
- Waller Creek Conservancy
- Development Committee, 2018-Present
- Generation Waller
- Community Engagement Committee, Chair, 2018-Present
- Steering Committee, Member, 2018-Present
- Community Engagement Committee, Member, 2017-2018
- International Right of Way Association
- Austin Young Lawyers Association
- State Bar of Texas
- American Bar Association