Sabrina A. McTopy
Sabrina A. McTopy organizes and represents businesses in mergers and acquisitions, private offerings of debt and equity securities, securities compliance, and private equity investments. The clients Sabrina counsels are involved in energy services, exploration and production; technology, including biotechnology; and manufacturing and distribution.
As the leader of an acquisition or divestiture team, Sabrina works closely with and has a keen awareness, and in some cases a working knowledge, of the tax, ERISA, labor, and environmental legal disciplines. Her experience as a tax accountant and knowledge of GAAP accounting give her a deep understanding of her clients’ financial statements and are invaluable in working with her clients’ accountants.
Before joining Jackson Walker, Sabrina was a senior tax accountant with a major international accounting firm.
B.A., summa cum laude, Southeastern Louisiana University
- Graduated First in Class, School of Business
J.D., Tulane University School of Law
- Formation, structuring, and financing of emerging entities, including counseling entrepreneurs and founders regarding emerging company structuring, venture financing and related issues, and business plan review and advice
- Mergers and acquisitions of and by public and privately held companies
- Advising public and privately held management and boards on governance matters
- Advising audit committees seeking independent counsel on transactions, governance matters, and investigations of corporate misconduct
- Succession planning for privately held companies
- Executive employment, severance, change of control, and noncompetition agreements
- Technology licensing agreements
- H Texas Top Lawyers of Houston, 2020
- Lexology/International Law Office Client Choice Award, State of Texas – General Corporate, 2014
What a Seller Needs to Know Before Signing a Letter of Intent: Leveling the Playing Field
Term Sheets and Valuations
Negotiating Term Sheets
Estate Tax Planning in a Rising Rate Environment: Time is Ticking
Texas Shareholder Oppression: Coming Soon to a Closely Held Company Near You
The Texas Business Organizations Code: The Revolution Is Here
Attorney Duties After Sarbanes-Oxley: Does it Matter Where the Issuer is Incorporated?
Lifting The Veil of Sarbanes-Oxley
- American Bar Association
- State Bar of Texas
- Houston Bar Association
- American Bar Association – Business Section, Negotiated Acquisitions Committee
- Eye Care for Kids Foundation, Board Member
- Greater Houston Women’s Chamber of Commerce, Board Member
- Executive Women’s Partnership Committee of the Greater Houston Partnership
- The Woods Foundation, Former Board Member
- Gulf Coast Chapter of the Lupus Foundation of America, Former Board Member