Chris Thompson is an insurance lawyer. He has litigated and counseled clients facing insurance disputes from coverage matters to bad faith cases to class actions, commercial general and excess liability, workers compensation, director and officer liability, residential and commercial property, and auto liability. Chris’ practice has involved common types of insurance — as well as many less common or specialized types of coverage (aviation, marine, credit/life/disability, and many more).
Speaking “insurance” is a skill Chris has developed over his 18 year legal practice, as well as his pre-law school career as an insurance adjuster. This experience helps his clients obtain favorable results in complex insurance matters ranging from single policyholder-insurer disputes, to industry-wide litigation, to class actions.
- Insurance coverage disputes, first party and liability claims
- Insurance claims practices litigation premium collection matters
- Class actions
- Tort claims
- Wooten v. Safeco Insurance Company, 15 AC-CC225 (Cir. Ct. Missouri 2015) –Dismissal of putative class action involving labor depreciation.
- Colonial County Mut. Ins. Co. v. Marston, et al., Cause No. 219-01145-2013 (219th District Court, Collin County, Texas 2014) –Summary judgment based on “other insurance” clause in auto policy.
- Lowe v. Liberty Mutual Insurance Company, (W.D. Ark. 2014) –Dismissal of putative class action involving labor depreciation.
- AIG v. ACE INA Holdings, (N.D. Ill. 2011) – Dismissal of claims against insurer in major industry-wide litigation relating to national worker’s compensation risk pool.
- Responded to dozens of demand letters for credit/life/disability insurer and avoided litigation maintaining no-coverage positions on claims.
- Healing Hands Ministries, Officer and Board Member, 2013–present
- Texas Bar Foundation, Life Fellow, 2008–present
- Dallas Bar Foundation, Life Fellow, 2008–present
- Leadership Dallas, 2006–2007
- Dallas Arts District Alliance, Chair of the Board and Programs Chair, 2004–2009
- Leadership Arts – Class Project Steering Committee, Chair, 2003–2004