Insurance Policyholder Defense
We are trial and appellate lawyers known for our ability to win cases. That is why insurers turn to us to defend their most complex matters that evade resolution by their internal teams. Crafting a winning litigation strategy is at the heart of our approach, but we appreciate the need to handle claims and litigation in a cost-efficient and effective manner while always bearing in mind the need to mount a vigorous defense. We work closely with claims professionals to manage claims at every stage of the process. We are experienced in managing to budget and provide timely and in-depth reports that allow litigation strategy to be continually evaluated.
The broad professional experience our attorneys have gained outside the legal field provides helpful insight into the matters in which we represent insured policyholders. Members of our team include former engineers, underwriters, reporters, educators, pharmacists, commercial and military pilots, and members of the petroleum industry. We provide insurance defense to covered policyholders in a wide variety of factually and legally complex cases including:
- automobile and other motor vehicle accidents
- aviation accidents
- construction defects
- cyber breach
- defamation and libel
- director and officer liability
- environmental exposure
- employment practices liability and other labor and employment matters
- errors and omissions
- mass torts
- personal injury claims
- professional negligence cases
- property damage
- product liability claims
- Telephone Consumer Protection Act
- toxic torts
- title insurance disputes
- wrongful death
- Baleares Link Express, S.L. d/b/a Hola Airlines v. GE Engine Services, Dallas LP 335 S.W.3d 833 (Tex.App. – Dallas 2011) Affirming trial court’s granting of summary judgment for maintenance facility sued for fraud and breach of implied warranties arising out of a commercial engine failure.
- Freitas, et al. v. Rolls-Royce Corporation (2011) Obtained jury verdict in favor of engine manufacturer sued for wrongful death arising out of a helicopter accident in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
- Obtained large settlement for an aviation insurer in a subrogation action arising from damage to a commercial airline engine.
- In re Air Crash Near Kirksville, MO on October 19, 2004 (MDL) Part of trial team representing a commuter airline in federal multidistrict litigation and state court cases.