Jackson Walker partner Christian Triantaphyllis will participate in a joint webinar with EB5 Affiliate Network, a leading EB-5 consultancy and regional center operator, to discuss recent changes to the EB-5 Immigrant Investor Program and what investors should know about the temporary reduction of the standard minimum investment amount. The webinar, “Direct EB-5 Investment at $500K with Top Immigration Attorneys – What Investors Should Know for Direct EB-5 Investment,” will take place on Thursday, July 29, 2021, at 1 p.m. CT.
During the webinar, Christian along with EB5AN founders Sam Silverman and Michael Schoenfeld and David Hirson & Partners founder David Hirson, Esq. will discuss the following topics:
- the key steps in the EB-5 direct investment process;
- the documents required to prove that funds were legally earned;
- the total cost of making an EB-5 investment, including all fees;
- how long it will take immigrants and their family members to receive green cards;
- the eligibility of a citizen from the middle east to receive an EB-5 visa; and
- how a direct EB-5 project shows 10 jobs.
Leading up to the presentation, Christian noted that, “The recent reduction in the minimum investment amount from $900K to $500K has put the EB-5 direct investment option within reach for thousands of potential families seeking to relocate to the United States for business and personal reasons.”
Christian A. Triantaphyllis is an immigration and real estate attorney with first-hand experience representing foreign nationals and immigrant investors in cross-border and business immigration matters. He regularly serves as counsel to real estate developers and regional centers to facilitate EB-5 projects. Christian has deep experience assisting foreign nationals from around the world through the EB-5 visa program, preparing and filing I-526 and I-829 petitions. He also assists foreign nationals with establishing start-up companies in the United States and advises employers on obtaining temporary work visas and permanent resident status for current and prospective employees. Christian studied Political Science as an undergraduate at Southern Methodist University and earned his J.D. at New York Law School. He is a former U.S. Peace Corps volunteer and interned with the International Criminal Tribunal for the former Yugoslavia in The Hague, Netherlands.
- What Investors Need to Know About Lapsed Authorization for EB-5 Regional Center Program »
- Judge Voids EB-5 Immigrant Investor Modernization Rule, Restoring Old Investment Amounts and Targeted Employment Area Standards »
- Fast Takes Podcast: Potential Changes and Recent Trends for EB-5 Industry and Its Investors »
As USCIS issues further guidance, stay tuned for potential updates from Jackson Walker’s Immigration group. For questions about how you or your business could potentially be impacted, please contact a Jackson Walker attorney.