Amanda L. Bush
Amanda Bush frequently serves as outside counsel to her clients, advising them on corporate and legal strategies, assisting with legal and business development, and managing a broad array of legal matters. Amanda has also represented clients in a variety of litigation matters including complex commercial matters, intellectual property, and media and First Amendment. Leveraging her legal, political, and philanthropic experiences, she is uniquely positioned to ensure that her clients are able to accomplish their objectives.
B.A., summa cum laude, University of Texas at Austin
- Phi Beta Kappa
J.D., University of Texas School of Law
- Administrative Editor, The Review of Litigation
United States District Court for the Northern, Southern, Eastern and Western District of Texas
- Flores, et al. v. Phoenix Group Metals, LLC, et al., Cause No. 4:10-CV-05143 (S.D. Tex. 2013) Summary dismissal in favor of defendants of defamation, business disparagement, tortious interference with contract/prospective contract, and civil conspiracy claims arising out of allegedly libelous/disparaging emails and newsletter about the plaintiffs’ business practices.
- Mortuary Fin. Servs., Inc. v. Selman & Company, Cause No. 2011-004918-1 (County Court at Law No. 1, Tarrant County, Texas 2012) Obtained defense verdict in bench trial as to all claims arising out of assignment of group life insurance policy.
- Gerald W. Haddock v. Crescent Real Estate Equities Company, et al., Cause No. 67-218996-06 (67th Judicial District Court, Tarrant County, Texas 2012) Summary judgment granted in favor of defendants on all claims, including those for breach of fiduciary, stock dilution, and fraud.
- In re Harris, 315 S.W.3d 685 (Tex. App.—Houston [1st Dist.] 2010, no pet.) Petition for writ of mandamus granted, directing the trial court to withdraw electronic discovery orders relating to “special master” appointed by the trial court.
- Wills Ranch, LLC, et al. v. KXAS-TV, et al., Cause No. 017-236774-09 (17th Judicial District Court, Tarrant County, Texas 2009) Summary judgment granted in favor of KXAS-TV against horse boarding facility and its owner in libel and business disparagement lawsuit arising out of news broadcasts and an online article.
- Virgie Arthur v. CBS Studios, Inc., et al., Cause No. 2008-24181 (80th Judicial District Court, Harris County, Texas 2008) Summary judgment granted in favor of CBS Studios, Inc. as to plaintiff’s defamation claim arising out of two Entertainment Tonight broadcasts.
- Riccio v. Phillip McGraw, et al. (Superior Court of California, County of Los Angeles 2009) Anti-SLAPP special motion to strike granted in favor of McGraw in defamation suit arising out of Dr. Phil Show television program.
- Teresa Stephens v. Cable News Network, Inc., Turner Broadcasting System, Inc., and Time Warner Inc., Cause No. 4:09-CV-103-Y (N.D. Tex. 2009) Motion to dismiss granted under 28 U.S.C. 1915(e) in lawsuit alleging violations of the Electronic Communications Privacy Act and invasion of privacy.
- Lena Thomas v. American Broadcasting, Inc., NBC Broadcasting, Inc., CBS Broadcasting, Inc., FOX Entm’t Group, Inc., AOL, Inc., and DOES 1 through 1000 (17th District Court, Tarrant County, Texas 2008 and N.D. Tex. 2008) Plea to the jurisdiction granted, dismissing for lack of subject matter jurisdiction plaintiff’s claims for copyright infringement and violations of the Fourteenth Amendment, the Civil Rights Act, and the Federal Torts Claim Act arising out a self-published book. Plaintiff subsequently filed her claims in the U.S. District Court, which were dismissed, at the request of defendants’ counsel, under 28 U.S.C. 1915 before defendants were served with process.
- Waddell v. FOX Entertainment Group, et al., Civil Action No. 3:06-cv-2387-M (N.D. Tex 2008) Summary judgment granted in favor of FOX News against chiropractor subject of investigative report into misuse of government loan program designed to benefit businesses affected by 9/11 attacks.
- Allen v. United of Omaha Life Insurance Co., 236 S.W.3d 315 (Tex. App.—Fort Worth 2007, pet. denied) Affirming summary judgment and trial court’s denial of various discovery motions and motion to disqualify counsel in action involving a dispute over proceeds of a $1 million key man life insurance policy.
- Abdel-Hafiz v. ABC, Inc., 240 S.W.3d 492 (Tex. App.—Fort Worth 2007, pet. denied) Affirming summary judgment in favor of ABC, Brian Ross, and Charles Gibson as to plaintiff’s defamation claims.
- FOX Entertainment Group, Inc. v. Abdel-Hafiz, 240 S.W.3d 524 (Tex. App.—Fort Worth 2007, pet. denied) Reversing and rendering summary judgment in favor of FOX and Bill O’Reilly as to plaintiff’s defamation claims.
- Cote v. Bank One, N.A. (N.D. Tex. 2004) Obtained summary judgment on behalf of Bank One, N.A. as to plaintiff’s claims of mismanagement of trust investments.
- The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society’s 2016 National Woman of the Year
- The Best Lawyers in America (Woodward/White Inc.), Litigation – First Amendment, 2017-2023
- Rising Star, Thomson Reuters, 2007-2017
- Top Attorney, Fort Worth, Texas magazine, 2012-2013
- ATHENA award, Dallas Regional Chamber’s Young Professional, 2012
- 40 Under 40, Fort Worth Business Press, 2012
- Featured, Legendary Locals of Fort Worth, May 2014
- Featured, Fort Worth Star Telegram’s Indulge magazine, November 2011
- Featured, Fort Worth Business Press, January 2008
- The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society’s 2016 National Woman of the Year
- Man/Woman of the Year Leadership Committee, Co-Chair, 2017
- The University of Texas M.D. Anderson Cancer Center Advance Team
- MD Anderson Living Legend Luncheon, Chair, 2012
- Fort Worth Symphony Orchestra’s Centennial Gala, Co-chair, 2012
- U.S. Congressional-led business delegation to Turkey, 2012
- U.S. Congressional-led business delegation to Saudi Arabia, 2011
- Barbara Bush Foundation for Family Literacy’s Dallas/Fort Worth Celebration of Reading, Co-chair, 2003-2014
August 18, 2022Attorney News
‘The Best Lawyers in America’ Honors 214 Jackson Walker Attorneys in 2023 Edition, Including 11 “Lawyers of the Year” and 41 “Ones to Watch”
The Best Lawyers in America has recognized 214 Jackson Walker attorneys across 6 offices and 79 specialty practice areas in its 2023 edition, including 11 Lawyers of the Year and 41 Ones to Watch. Best Lawyers listings are based on an exhaustive peer review survey of thousands of attorneys who vote on the legal abilities of others in their practice areas.
October 5, 2021Newsletters
JW Diversity & Inclusion Newsletter – October 2021
View Jackson Walker’s October 2021 Diversity & Inclusion Newsletter, Perspectives.
August 30, 2021Newsletters
JW Media | VIA ePostcard – August 2021
View the August 2021 edition of the JW Media | VIA ePostcard.
August 19, 2021Attorney News
‘The Best Lawyers in America’ Honors 178 Jackson Walker Attorneys in 2022 Edition, Including 8 “Lawyers of the Year” and 31 “Ones to Watch”
The Best Lawyers in America has recognized 178 Jackson Walker attorneys across 6 offices and 67 specialty practice areas in its 2022 edition, including 8 Lawyers of the Year and 31 Ones to Watch. Best Lawyers listings are based on an exhaustive peer review survey of thousands of attorneys who vote on the legal abilities of others in their practice areas.
October 30, 2020Newsletters
JW Media | VIA ePostcard – October 2020
Featuring “US Supreme Court Grabs Attention of Tech Giants as Past Immunity Granted by Section 230 Is Called Into Question,” “Establishment of Press Council Marks Milestone in Reform Process,” “The First Amendment Is the Soul of Our Democracy,” “Here We Are Now, Entertain Us,” and Firm-related news and highlights.
August 20, 2020Attorney News
‘The Best Lawyers in America’ Honors 164 Jackson Walker Attorneys in 2021 Edition, Including 9 “Lawyers of the Year” and 25 “Ones to Watch”
Jackson Walker congratulates the 164 attorneys who were selected by their peers as Best Lawyers, including 9 Lawyers of the Year and 25 Ones to Watch, across 6 offices and 66 specialty practice areas.
August 20, 2019Newsletters
JW Media | VIA ePostcard – August 2019
Featuring Bob Latham’s involvement in providing input on Facebook’s proposed Oversight Board; Jackson Walker’s appellate win for the Reporters Committee for Freedom of the Press; The Best Lawyers in America‘s 2020 edition recognizing Jackson Walker’s First Amendment and media law attorneys; and more.
August 31, 2018Newsletters
JW Media | VIA ePostcard – August 2018
In the August 2018 edition, Bob Latham reveals the potential consequences of Rudy Giuliani’s meme-worthy “truth isn’t truth” statement; Jackson Walker continues its decades-long support of the Texas Association of Broadcasters (TAB); and Best Lawyers recognizes Paul Watler in the area of Media Law.
August 16, 2018Attorney News
Best Lawyers in America Recognizes 98 Jackson Walker Attorneys
Best Lawyers listings are based on an exhaustive peer review survey of thousands of attorneys who vote on the legal abilities of others in their practice areas. For over three decades, recognition in Best Lawyers has been regarded by both clients and legal professionals as a significant honor, since an attorney cannot pay to be listed.
August 15, 2017Attorney News
Best Lawyers in America Recognizes 94 Jackson Walker Attorneys
The Best Lawyers in America, a widely regarded guide to legal excellence, has recognized 94 Jackson Walker attorneys in its 2018 edition. Best Lawyers listings are based on an exhaustive peer review survey of thousands of attorneys who vote on the legal abilities of others in their practice areas.