April Vasquez Leibman
April Vasquez Leibman assists clients with complex commercial real estate transactions including acquisitions and dispositions of real estate. April regularly represents landlords and tenants in the preparation and negotiation of office and retail leases in Texas and across the nation. She has represented both sellers and purchasers of commercial properties in transactions ranging from $1,000,000 and exceeding $300,000,000.
April represents owners and developers with the drafting and negotiation of construction contracts for automotive dealerships, showcase headquarter office buildings, government buildings, schools, and industrial and retail centers.
Recently, April has spent a large portion of her practice on office building sales and acquisitions, drafting and negotiating construction contracts including American Institute of Architects (AIA) construction contracts, and drafting and negotiating leases for office buildings. Her recent experience also includes representation of developer clients in land acquisitions.
B.A., University of Texas at Austin
J.D., cum laude, South Texas College of Law Houston
- Staff Member, South Texas Law Review
Representing all types of owners in real estate and construction matters including:
- Real estate investment companies including one of the largest privately held real estate companies in the world
- A Fortune 500 automotive retailer
- A world renowned public institution based on Houston
- Sale of multiple industrial properties, including built to sale projects, with a combined sales price of $500,000,000
- Represented two state of Texas institution tenants for the preparation and negotiation of a collaborative lease with another large state of Texas institution and a Texas Medical Center non-profit for a to-be-constructed building at the Texas Medical Center
- Acquisition of a 16 building, 800,000 square foot office and retail complex with a purchase price in excess of $200,000,000
- Sale of a 4 building, 460,000 square foot office complex housing entertainment production companies with a sale price in excess of $300,000,000
- Acquisition of an 11 building, 800,000 square foot business park comprised of office and lab space
- Sale of a 700,000 square foot, 32 acre retail complex housing design companies and related retail with a purchase price in excess of $130,000,000
- Acquisition of a 175,000 square foot historic building in Portland, Oregon
- Acquisition of a multiple vehicle brand dealership including 4 real estate properties for an international automotive dealer
- Represented a national retail tenant for the preparation and negotiation of over 40 lease amendments in connection with a Chapter 11 reorganization
- Preparation and negotiation of construction contracts for an international automotive dealer
- Leasing for a portfolio of office buildings in Texas, Florida, Colorado, North Carolina, Illinois, Tennessee, Maryland, Nebraska, and Georgia
- Preparation of construction contracts for the development of a Class A office building in downtown Houston, Texas
- Preparation of construction contracts for the development of a charter school in Houston, Texas
- Preparation of a lease for 77,000 square feet in a Class A office building in Houston, Texas
- Preparation of a data center lease for a large tenant with an international presence
- Representation of a purchaser in the acquisition of a 65 acre lot in Teton County, Wyoming
- The Best Lawyers in America (Woodward/White Inc.), Real Estate Law, 2021-2023
- “Top Lawyers” List, H Texas magazine, 2010
- Houston Professionals on the Fast Track
- Texas Rising Star, Super Lawyers – Rising Stars by Thomson Reuters, 2010, 2013-2017
In the News
- “COVID-19 Shut-Downs Have Law Firms Wondering How Much Real Estate They Really Need,” Law.com, April, 20, 2020
- “Rethinking Law Firm Real Estate When the Office Is Empty,” Law.com, March, 27, 2020
- Construction Lawyers Society of America (CLSA), Member, 2018
- Commercial Real Estate Women (CREW)
- Landmark Awards, CREW Committee
August 18, 2022Attorney News
‘The Best Lawyers in America’ Honors 214 Jackson Walker Attorneys in 2023 Edition, Including 11 “Lawyers of the Year” and 41 “Ones to Watch”
The Best Lawyers in America has recognized 214 Jackson Walker attorneys across 6 offices and 79 specialty practice areas in its 2023 edition, including 11 Lawyers of the Year and 41 Ones to Watch. Best Lawyers listings are based on an exhaustive peer review survey of thousands of attorneys who vote on the legal abilities of others in their practice areas.
October 5, 2021Newsletters
View Jackson Walker’s October 2021 Diversity & Inclusion Newsletter, Perspectives.
August 19, 2021Attorney News
‘The Best Lawyers in America’ Honors 178 Jackson Walker Attorneys in 2022 Edition, Including 8 “Lawyers of the Year” and 31 “Ones to Watch”
The Best Lawyers in America has recognized 178 Jackson Walker attorneys across 6 offices and 67 specialty practice areas in its 2022 edition, including 8 Lawyers of the Year and 31 Ones to Watch. Best Lawyers listings are based on an exhaustive peer review survey of thousands of attorneys who vote on the legal abilities of others in their practice areas.
August 20, 2020Attorney News
‘The Best Lawyers in America’ Honors 164 Jackson Walker Attorneys in 2021 Edition, Including 9 “Lawyers of the Year” and 25 “Ones to Watch”
Jackson Walker congratulates the 164 attorneys who were selected by their peers as Best Lawyers, including 9 Lawyers of the Year and 25 Ones to Watch, across 6 offices and 66 specialty practice areas.
April 20, 2020Mentions
COVID-19 Shut-Downs Have Law Firms Wondering How Much Real Estate They Really Need | The Mid-Market Report
Real estate partner April Vasquez Leibman was featured in The Mid-Market Report discussing how the mandated work-from-home policies will accelerate the trend toward reduced square footage and more collaborative work spaces.
March 27, 2020Mentions
Real Estate partner April Vasquez Leibman was quoted about the sudden shift to remote working.
March 8, 2017Attorney News
Jackson Walker is proud to congratulate its 36 attorneys who were named to Thomson Reuters’ 2017 “ Texas Super Lawyers – Rising Stars” list.
March 4, 2016Attorney News
Thirty-six Jackson Walker attorneys were selected to the “Texas Super Lawyers – Rising Stars” list by Thomson Reuters.
May 12, 2015Spotlight
Jackson Walker represented clients in several transactions that the Dallas Business Journal recently recognized in its Best Real Estate Deals of the Year awards.
March 9, 2015Attorney News
Thirty two Jackson Walker attorneys were selected to the “Super Lawyers – Rising Stars” list by Thomson Reuters.