Brandon C. Janes
Brandon has extensive experience in corporate governance, capital transactions and mergers and acquisitions. He has been involved in a number of international and domestic financings. He has represented investors and corporate clients in private equity and debt offerings, including the offerings of high yield debt securities and convertible and other hybrid securities. Much of Brandon’s practice includes cross-border and international transactions. His practice includes a wide variety of industries, including technology, media, energy, and retail. Brandon is also a Certified Public Accountant.
B.B.A., Baylor University
J.D., University of Texas School of Law
- Associate Editor, Texas Law Review
New York, 2017
United States Supreme Court
- Advised investors and businesses on investment and acquisition transactions domestically and internationally.
- Extensive experience in the negotiation and preparation of partnership and employment agreements and the restructuring and workout of complex financings.
- Counsel to an insurance services company in connection with its recapitalization with a private equity firm at a valuation of $108 million
- Counsel to an oilfield services company in its sale to a strategic buyer for $140 million
- Counsel to a special committee of independent directors of a NYSE company in connection with the sale of assets to related parties
- Counsel to an e-commerce and SAAS solutions company in connection with acquisitions, venture capital financing, corporate organizational planning and private placements of securities
- Counsel to a healthcare service provider in its sale to an international strategic buyer for $34 million
- The Best Lawyers in America (Woodward/White Inc.), 2012-2021
- Lawyer of the Year – Austin, Corporate Law, 2022
- Corporate Law, 2012-2022
- Super Lawyer, Super Lawyers by Thomson Reuters, 2003-2004
Brandon has spoken on and written a number of different articles and publications on matters relating to business and transaction. He is also a co-author of Doing Business in Texas, a Guide for Foreign Investors Doing Business in the Lone Star State.
- Greater Austin Asian Chamber of Commerce, Advisory Board
- State Bar of Texas
- Texas Bar Foundation, Life Fellow
- Transportation Advocates of Texas, Board of Directors
- TAoT Board – Past Chair
- Austin Regional Representative
- Travis County Bar Association