Brandon C. Janes
Brandon has extensive experience in corporate governance, capital transactions and mergers and acquisitions. He has been involved in a number of international and domestic financings. He has represented investors and corporate clients in private equity and debt offerings, including the offerings of high yield debt securities and convertible and other hybrid securities. Much of Brandon’s practice includes cross-border and international transactions. His practice includes a wide variety of industries, including technology, media, energy, and retail. Brandon is also a Certified Public Accountant.
B.B.A., Baylor University
J.D., University of Texas School of Law
- Associate Editor, Texas Law Review
United States Supreme Court
- Advised investors and businesses on investment and acquisition transactions domestically and internationally.
- Extensive experience in the negotiation and preparation of partnership and employment agreements and the restructuring and workout of complex financings.
- Counsel to an insurance services company in connection with its recapitalization with a private equity firm at a valuation of $108 million
- Counsel to an oilfield services company in its sale to a strategic buyer for $140 million
- Counsel to a special committee of independent directors of a NYSE company in connection with the sale of assets to related parties
- Counsel to an e-commerce and SAAS solutions company in connection with acquisitions, venture capital financing, corporate organizational planning and private placements of securities
- Counsel to a healthcare service provider in its sale to an international strategic buyer for $34 million
- The Best Lawyers in America (Woodward/White Inc.), 2012-2024
- Lawyer of the Year – Austin, Corporate Law, 2022
- Corporate Governance Law, 2023-2024
- Corporate Law, 2012-2024
- Mergers and Acquisitions Law, 2023-2024
- Super Lawyer, Super Lawyers by Thomson Reuters, 2003-2004
Brandon has spoken on and written a number of different articles and publications on matters relating to business and transaction. He is also a co-author of Doing Business in Texas, a Guide for Foreign Investors Doing Business in the Lone Star State.
- Greater Austin Asian Chamber of Commerce, Advisory Board
- State Bar of Texas
- Texas Bar Foundation, Life Fellow
- Transportation Advocates of Texas, Board of Directors
- TAoT Board – Past Chair
- Austin Regional Representative
- Travis County Bar Association
August 17, 2023Attorney News
‘The Best Lawyers in America’ Honors 287 Jackson Walker Attorneys in 2024 Edition, Including 12 “Lawyers of the Year” and 80 “Ones to Watch”
The Best Lawyers in America has recognized 287 Jackson Walker attorneys across 5 offices and 82 specialty practice areas in its 2024 edition, including 12 Lawyers of the Year and 80 Ones to Watch. In this year’s guide, Jackson Walker saw the largest number of attorneys in the areas of Commercial Litigation (66 attorneys) and Real Estate Law (60 attorneys) and the addition of 35 attorneys as Best Lawyers.
August 18, 2022Attorney News
‘The Best Lawyers in America’ Honors 214 Jackson Walker Attorneys in 2023 Edition, Including 11 “Lawyers of the Year” and 41 “Ones to Watch”
The Best Lawyers in America has recognized 214 Jackson Walker attorneys across 6 offices and 79 specialty practice areas in its 2023 edition, including 11 Lawyers of the Year and 41 Ones to Watch. Best Lawyers listings are based on an exhaustive peer review survey of thousands of attorneys who vote on the legal abilities of others in their practice areas.
February 8, 2022Client Results
Jackson Walker Advises Innovative Risk Management in Acquisition by Boston Specialty Insurance Broker
Boston-based specialty insurance broker One80 Intermediaries has announced the acquisition of Jackson Walker client Innovative Risk Management (IRM) and its underwriting affiliate Programs Plus.
August 23, 2021Client Results
Jackson Walker Advises Periscope Holdings in Sale to Create North America’s Leader in Public eProcurement
Jackson Walker represented Austin-based eProcurement company Periscope Holdings, Inc. in the sale of its business to mdf commerce inc. for $207 million. Through the acquisition, mdf commerce is positioned to become a public eProcurement leader in North America.
August 19, 2021Attorney News
‘The Best Lawyers in America’ Honors 178 Jackson Walker Attorneys in 2022 Edition, Including 8 “Lawyers of the Year” and 31 “Ones to Watch”
The Best Lawyers in America has recognized 178 Jackson Walker attorneys across 6 offices and 67 specialty practice areas in its 2022 edition, including 8 Lawyers of the Year and 31 Ones to Watch. Best Lawyers listings are based on an exhaustive peer review survey of thousands of attorneys who vote on the legal abilities of others in their practice areas.
August 20, 2020Attorney News
‘The Best Lawyers in America’ Honors 164 Jackson Walker Attorneys in 2021 Edition, Including 9 “Lawyers of the Year” and 25 “Ones to Watch”
Jackson Walker congratulates the 164 attorneys who were selected by their peers as Best Lawyers, including 9 Lawyers of the Year and 25 Ones to Watch, across 6 offices and 66 specialty practice areas.
June 29, 2020Client Results
With its acquisition of Fort Worth-based Thelin Recycling Company, Austin Wood Recycling becomes the nation’s largest mobile contract grinding and recycling service.
September 4, 2019Client Results
Jackson Walker Advises TimeClock Plus in Securing Majority Investment From Providence Equity Partners
TimeClock Plus provides best-in-class technology solutions that help more than 60,000 public and private sector businesses worldwide manage complex timekeeping, employee scheduling, leave management, and other workforce needs.
June 14, 2019Client Results
Jackson Walker advised iconic Texas fast-food chain Whataburger in the sale of a majority interest to BDT Capital Partners, LLC, a Chicago-based merchant bank that advises and invests in family and founder-led companies.
August 16, 2018Attorney News
Best Lawyers listings are based on an exhaustive peer review survey of thousands of attorneys who vote on the legal abilities of others in their practice areas. For over three decades, recognition in Best Lawyers has been regarded by both clients and legal professionals as a significant honor, since an attorney cannot pay to be listed.