Bruce J. Ruzinsky
Bruce has extensive experience representing financial institutions, corporations, and other business entities in workout/restructure efforts, chapter bankruptcy proceedings, and litigation. He approaches his cases strategically, proactively and cost-effectively.
For over 30 years, Bruce has represented creditors, creditors’ committees, trustees, debtors, landlords, and asset purchasers in various industries and business environments, including energy, real estate, healthcare, shipping, manufacturing, transportation, retail, entertainment, wholesale produce, and personal services.
A representative sampling of his past and current cases includes:
- Large creditors in the Sabine Oil & Gas, Samson Resources, Swift Energy, Buckingham Oil, Magnum Hunter Resources, Cal Dive, Hercules Offshore, Miller Energy, Enron, RR Marine, Tekoil, Seahawk Drilling, Victory Healthcare and Handy Hardware cases;
- The contract operator in the McKenzie Methane case;
- The Official Unsecured Creditors Committee in the first Continental Airlines case;
- The Indenture Trustee in the Seven Seas Petroleum and Eagle Geophysical cases;
- Agent banks in the Global Marine, Southern Mineral and North American Petroleum cases;
- Seismic licensors in the Global Geophysical, Dune Energy and Milagro Oil & Gas cases;
- The debtor’s president in the Davis Petroleum case;
- The Debtor in the HRD, Cooper Manufacturing and NR Offshore cases;
- A major litigant in the Houston Regional Sports Network case;
- The Trustee in the CNC Payroll and Trinity Energy cases;
- An asset purchaser in the Torqued-Up Energy Services case;
- The letter of credit issuing bank in the Osyka case;
- The Chairman of the Official Unsecured Creditors Committee in the Panaco case;
- Multiple mid-stream companies in connection with the treatment of their contracts in producer bankruptcy cases; and
- Lenders in workouts of various producers and service companies.
Bruce has litigated a wide variety of issues in Chapter 11 cases, including involuntary petition, cash collateral, DIP lending, automatic stay, sale/sale procedures, avoidance action, turnover, discharge/dischargeability, exemption, dismissal/conversion, abstention, executory contract/lease, Trustee/Examiner/CRO, proof of claim, Safe Harbor Provisions and plan confirmation issues. He has also handled workouts in a wide variety of industries.
B.A., magna cum laude, Duke University
J.D., Duke University School of Law
United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth and Eleventh Circuits
United States District Court for the Northern, Southern, Eastern and Western Districts of Texas