Bankruptcy Trustee Representation
Jackson Walker attorneys have considerable experience representing trustees appointed in Chapter 11 and Chapter 7 bankruptcy cases. We also regularly represent trustees designated in plans of reorganization and receivers appointed by state and federal courts over assets and corporations, as well as assignments for benefit of creditors. Our goal is to assist and advise the trustee to efficiently maximize estate value for the benefit of creditors.
Our trustee and receiver representations have included cases involving varied industries, including real estate, manufacturing, energy, healthcare, retail, and telecommunications. Our attorneys have effectively represented trustees and receivers in the following types of activity:
- Assimilation and sale of assets
- Collection of accounts and notes
- Investigation and pursuit of claims for preference payments and fraudulent transfers
- Investigation and pursuit of claims against officers, directors, and shareholders
- Objection to claims of creditors
- Subordination of claims
- Resolution of substantive consolidation issues
- Represented Chapter 7 trustee in global enterprise case involving collection of accounts and recovery of fraudulent transfers against foreign corporations resulting in collection of $30m.
- Represented Chapter 7 trustee coal mining and processing operation regarding the sale of assets and pursuit of accounts and fraudulent transfers.
- Represented Chapter 7 trustee of failed shipping company with assets largely consisting of maritime lien claims on non-debtor owned vessels.
- Represented Chapter 11 trustee in liquidation of oil and gas drilling service company.
- Represented Chapter 11 trustee of company with a million-acre oil and gas concession in Africa.
- Represented receiver appointed over automobile dealership in taking control of assets, as well as the sale of installment sale contracts, vehicle inventory, and real estate.