Hailey Oestreich is an attorney in the litigation section of Jackson Walker’s Dallas office. Hailey was a Summer Associate with the Firm in 2018, where she worked with the litigation section to perform legal research for drafting motions, memoranda, and briefs.
Prior to joining Jackson Walker, Hailey gained extensive experience reviewing motions, researching relevant case law, and preparing summaries of legal arguments as a judicial intern in the Chambers of the Hon. Lee Yeakel of the United States District Court for the Western District of Texas. Hailey went on to draft orders and reports, conduct legal research relevant to orders, and report recommendations as a judicial intern in the Chambers of the Hon. Jeffrey Manske in the United States Magistrate Court for the Western District of Texas. Hailey continued to cultivate her litigation experience as an intern in the Misdemeanor Division of the Collin County District Attorneys’ Office, attending trials and hearings, and conferencing with assistant district attorneys on the outcomes. In this role, she also assisted in trial preparation and recommended plea bargains for misdemeanor offenses.
B.A., University of Texas at Austin
J.D., magna cum laude, Baylor Law School
- Technical Editor, Baylor Law Review
- Baylor Barrister Society
- Leon Jaworski Full-Tuition Scholarship for Outstanding Advocates
- National Trial Competition: Regional Champion, National Semi-Finalist, 2019
- Capitol City Challenge Mock Trial Competition, Quarter-Finalist, 2018
- Emory Civil Rights and Liberties Moot Court Competition, Semi-Finalist, 2017
- TYLA State Moot Court Competition, Finalist, 3rd Best Oral Advocate, 2017
- M.D. Anderson Foundation Moot Court Competition, Quarter-Finalist, 2017