Jeremy I. Sheng
Jeremy Sheng is a corporate and securities attorney at Jackson Walker. He represents clients in a variety of corporate matters, with a focus on mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, entity formation, and general corporate governance. His clients include real estate development companies, startup companies, and family-owned businesses.
Jeremy’s practice centers on bringing value to the client. He focuses on achieving his client’s goals in an efficient and effective manner by understanding his client’s objectives, ensuring open, active communication and increased attention to detail.
B.B.A., University of Texas at Austin
M.P.A., University of Texas at Austin
J.D., cum laude, Baylor Law School
Represented a national apartment developer in a portfolio of joint ventures with an institutional equity provider, with over $500 million in committed capital to develop Class A age restricted senior apartment or independent living facilities throughout the United States
Mergers & Acquisitions/Corporate Restructuring
- Represented a seller of all of the equity interests in an insurance marketing organization in a transaction valued at approximately $19.125 million
- Represented sellers of a teen mental health treatment center to a private equity firm in a transaction valued at approximately $125 million
- Restructured internal corporate hierarchy of a real estate development company in connection with its sale to a publicly-traded company
- Represented a seller in the sale of a severance tax and consulting company in a transaction valued at approximately $44 million
- Represented seller in the sale of a family-owned oil-water separators company in a transaction valued at approximately $6.7 million
- Represented seller in a $14.4 million merger of a fixed flight base operation (FBO)
- Texas Rising Star, Super Lawyers by Thomson Reuters, 2020-2022
- Speaker, “Surviving an Unpredictable Economy: Legal Considerations You Can’t Afford to Ignore,” 2022 Asian Chamber Business Conference & Expo (August 2022)
- Leadership Council on Legal Diversity (LCLD), Pathfinder Program, 2020
- Texas Exes Houston Chapter, Board Member
- Crosspoint Church, Member
November 17, 2022Newsletters
View Jackson Walker’s November 2022 Diversity & Inclusion Newsletter, Perspectives.
August 22, 2022Speaking Engagements
Jackson Walkers partners Sang Shin, Shari Mao, and Jeremy Sheng will present “Surviving an Unpredictable Economy: Legal Considerations You Can’t Afford to Ignore” at the 2022 Asian Chamber Business Conference & Expo on Friday, August 26, 2022.
April 21, 2022Newsletters
View Jackson Walker’s April 2022 Diversity & Inclusion Newsletter, Perspectives.
March 22, 2022Attorney News
Jackson Walker is pleased to announce the selection of 51 attorneys to Thomson Reuters’ 2022 “Super Lawyers – Rising Stars” list, which recognizes only 2.5% of Texas attorneys who either are 40 years of age or younger or have been in practice for 10 years or less.
February 11, 2022Attorney News
Jackson Walker is pleased to announce the election of 14 attorneys to the Firm’s partnership on Friday, February 11, 2022. In addition to electing 14 new partners, the Firm also congratulates Bart Cicuto, Noah Speck, and Austin Thomas on their promotion from associates to senior counsel.
March 23, 2021Attorney News
Jackson Walker is pleased to announce the selection of 36 attorneys to Thomson Reuters’ 2021 “Super Lawyers – Rising Stars” list. Spanning five offices and eight major practice areas, these up-and-coming attorneys have been nominated by peers within and outside the Firm.
February 11, 2021Newsletters
View Jackson Walker’s February 2021 Diversity & Inclusion Newsletter, Perspectives.
June 30, 2020Newsletters
Explore the accomplishments of our diverse attorneys and their involvement within our communities during the first half of 2020.
March 10, 2020Attorney News
Spanning five offices, six major practice areas, and experience ranging from six to 15 years, these 30 up-and-coming attorneys were selected based on peer recognition and professional achievement.
March 14, 2018Client Results
Jackson Walker successfully represented global commodity merchant Castleton Commodities International LLC (CCI) in its acquisition, through one of its subsidiaries, of Enstor Energy Services LLC (EES), the natural gas trading business of Avangrid Renewables Holdings Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Avangrid Inc., a $32 billion diversified energy and utility company.
Jeremy’s practice emphasizes:
- Joint ventures
- Mergers and acquisitions
- General corporate work
His clients include:
- Real estate developers and investors
- Closely held businesses
- Startup companies
Industries he serves include:
- Real estate
- Family offices