Alden S. Crow
Alden S. Crow is a Dallas transactional lawyer with extensive experience in mergers and acquisitions, debt and equity securities offerings, outside counsel representation and general corporate matters. His organized, persistent, and pragmatic approach to client service ensures that his clients are well informed and exceptionally prepared at every stage of the transaction process.
Alden serves as chair of the Firm’s Corporate and Securities practice group.
He routinely assists clients in all types of mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, and joint venture formations, and in negotiating and settling business “divorces,” indemnification and other transactional disputes. He has worked with clients in a broad range of industries and has developed particular experience assisting clients in the healthcare sector. His representative healthcare clients include the following:
- Assisted living facilities
- Home healthcare providers
- Hospitals, including physician-owned hospitals
- Nursing homes
- Management companies
- Pharmacies, including compounding and retail pharmacies
- Physicians and physician groups
- Skilled nursing facilities
- Telemedicine companies, including telebehavioral and telecounseling companies
- Urgent care and occupation medicine providers
- Urinalysis facilities
In addition to his transactional practice, he works as part of a team that represents family-owned businesses, entrepreneurs, and startup and emerging growth companies from the earliest stages of formation through significant liquidity events. This often involves serving in an outside general counsel role managing the legal issues related to each growth stage and providing value-added solutions to help clients achieve their specific business goals, while effectively managing legal costs.
In each area of his practice, he takes the time to thoroughly understand his clients’ priorities and develop a strategic approach to evaluating potential risks. He emphasizes responsiveness by communicating regularly with clients through frequent calls, meetings and reminders to ensure that clients are apprised of developments throughout the process from inception to closing and beyond.
B.A., with honors, University of Texas at Austin
J.D., magna cum laude, SMU Dedman School of Law
- Order of the Coif, Top 10 percent
- Associate Managing Editor, SMU Law Review
- Corporate & Securities
- Outside General Counsel
- “Best Lawyer Under 40,” D Magazine, 2018-2019, 2021
- “Best Lawyers in Dallas,” D Magazine, 2018, 2020
Author of “Shooting Blanks: The Ineffectiveness of the Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act,” 59 SMU L. Rev. 1813, 2006
- North Texas Business Council for the Arts, Leadership Arts Institute, 2011-2012