Kevin A. Jones
Kevin Jones offers more than 20 years of experience advising corporate and private equity clients on a broad range of corporate matters, including mergers and acquisitions, corporate restructurings, and other complex business transactions. Kevin also provides legal counsel with respect to equity and debt offerings on behalf of issuers and underwriters, private placements of securities, and venture capital financings.
Kevin serves as chair of the Firm’s Dallas Corporate & Securities practice group.
B.S., Arkansas Tech University
J.D., cum laude, University of Arkansas School of Law
- Member, Arkansas Law Review
Mergers and Acquisitions
- Representation of Prophet Equity in connection with numerous acquisition and divestiture transactions, including:
- the acquisition pursuant to a Chapter 11 Section 363 process of substantially all of the assets of a Louisiana-based provider of energy services supporting both onshore and offshore drilling activities throughout the U.S.
- the acquisition and subsequent merger of Apex Environmental, one of the largest privately held, vertically integrated providers of solid waste collection, transfer, recycling, and disposal services in New York and New Jersey
- the disposition of its portfolio company CID Resources, Inc.
- the acquisition and subsequent divestiture of Total Plastics Resources LLC
- the acquisition and subsequent divestiture of Acton Mobile
- the acquisition of Hatch Stamping Company
- the acquisition of RJV Equipment, LLC
- the disposition of Ace Asphalt of Arizona, Inc.
- Representation of Nationstar Mortgage in connection with the sales of its wholesale lending channel and certain retail assets to Stonegate Mortgage Corporation
- Representation of Nationstar Mortgage in connection with its acquisition of Equifax Settlement Services
- Representation of Design Space Modular Buildings, a California modular building and portable storage provider in connection with its acquisition by McGrath RentCorp for approximately $260 million
- Representation of Texas homebuilder Darling Homes in connection with its acquisition by Taylor Morrison
- Representation of U.S. Home Systems, Inc. in connection with its merger with an indirect wholly owned subsidiary of The Home Depot
- Representation of Nepris Inc. in connection with its sale to PSG Equity, a growth equity firm that partners with middle-market software and technology-enabled service companies to help them navigate transformational growth and capitalize on strategic opportunities.
- Representation of a multinational food processing company in connection with its cash acquisition by a joint venture consisting of U.S. and foreign public companies
- Represents private equity firms in fund formation and governance matters as well as acquisition and divestiture transactions
- Representation of an NYSE-listed telecommunications company in connection with its $1.3 billion initial public offering
- Representation of an NYSE-listed telecommunications company in connection with its $1.4 billion 144A private offering of senior notes
- Representation of underwriters in connection with an approximately $100 million secondary offering of common stock for a NASDAQ-listed international trucking company
- Representation of an NYSE-listed textile products and services company in connection with a 144A private placement of approximately $300 million of senior notes
- Representation of a healthcare provider in connection with multiple private placements of securities aggregating approximately $100 million for the formation and development of outpatient surgery centers
- “Best Lawyers in Dallas,” D Magazine, 2018, 2020, 2022
April 25, 2022Attorney News
Jackson Walker congratulates the 21 attorneys recognized among D Magazine’s list of the “Best Lawyers in Dallas” for 2022. For recognition in the list, Dallas attorneys must be nominated by their peers on the basis that they offer unmatched counsel in one of 40 categories.
November 23, 2021Client Results
Jackson Walker represented Prophet Equity in the acquisition of Tennessee-based RJV Equipment, LLC, a provider of new and used equipment sales, rental parts, and maintenance services to the utility infrastructure and commercial construction markets. The transaction closed on November 1, 2021, for an undisclosed amount.
September 13, 2021Attorney News
Joining our Chambers USA-ranked Corporate & Securities practice, Brad Mahanay focuses on mergers and acquisitions, private equity, and corporate finance for clients in the manufacturing, private investments, healthcare, real estate development, and energy services industries.
May 18, 2021Client Results
Jackson Walker represented Design Space Modular Buildings in its sale to McGrath RentCorp for $260 million, subject to certain adjustments. The transaction closed on May 17, 2021.
March 26, 2021Client Results
Kevin Jones led a Jackson Walker team representing Prophet Equity in the sale of a leading exterior facility services platform focused on providing parking lot maintenance and repair and comprehensive site development services for paved and concrete services.
January 28, 2021Client Results
Jackson Walker Represents Prophet Equity in Divesting Portfolio Company Total Plastics Resources LLC
Jackson Walker represented Prophet Equity in the sale of its Michigan-based portfolio company Total Plastics Resources LLC, one of the industry’s largest plastic distributors. The transaction closed on December 18, 2020, for an undisclosed amount.
April 24, 2020Attorney News
Twenty Jackson Walker attorneys were recognized in the “Best Lawyers in Dallas 2020” list by D Magazine, one of the premier publications in the city of Dallas. To be recognized in the list, attorneys must be nominated by their peers on the basis that they offer unmatched counsel in one of 40 categories.
January 27, 2020Client Results
The merged Apex-Action company will operate under the Interstate Waste Services (IWS) brand as one of the largest integrated solid waste companies in the largest waste market in the United States.
January 29, 2019Client Results
Jackson Walker Represents Prophet Equity in its Acquisition of Substantially All Assets of Francis Drilling Fluids, Ltd.
Jackson Walker represented Prophet Equity in its acquisition of substantially all of the assets of Francis Drilling Fluids, Ltd., a Louisiana-based provider of energy services supporting both onshore and offshore drilling activities.
July 10, 2018Attorney News
Thirty-three Jackson Walker attorneys were recognized in the “Best Lawyers in Dallas 2018” list by D Magazine, one of the premier publications in the city of Dallas. To be recognized in the list, attorneys must be nominated by their peers on the basis that they offer unmatched counsel in one of 34 categories.