Marisela Peña Gonzalez
Marisela Peña Gonzalez is a Houston business lawyer who focuses on joint ventures, mergers, acquisitions, dispositions, and representing Spanish-speaking clients in business matters. Her clients are engaged in various industries, including real estate, midstream energy, oilfield services, healthcare and technology. She also has experience in private placements of securities, underwritten public offerings and entity formation. Marisela also frequently reviews and negotiates general commercial contracts for clients without in-house legal departments.
Marisela values the trust of each client and works to provide them with quality legal advice in an efficient manner. She makes every effort to understand the issues most important to her clients and to provide them timely responsive advice. Prior to joining Jackson Walker, she worked in the public sector, working with the South Texas Civil Rights Project, the Texas State House of Representatives and the Houston City Council.
B.A., University of Texas at Austin
J.D., cum laude, University of Houston Law Center
- The Order of the Barons
- Order of the Coif
- President, Hispanic Law Students Association
- Notes and Comments Editor, Houston Law Review
Texas Public Policy and Candidate Training Program
- Represented developers and investors in joint ventures to develop several multi-million dollar real estate projects, including:
- Developer in a joint venture to recapitalize a project valued in excess of $200 million.
- Investor in a joint venture to develop a $125 million mixed-use project.
- Investor in a joint venture to develop a $70 million multi-family residential complex.
- Developer in a joint venture to develop a $65 million industrial park project.
- Represented operators in joint ventures to develop midstream assets, including:
- Operator in a joint venture to develop a midstream service complex valued at $900 million.
- Operator in a joint venture to develop a gas gathering pipeline system and related facilities valued at $400 million.
- Operator in a joint venture to develop an intrastate crude oil transportation pipeline and tank farm valued at $200 million.
- Represented buyers and sellers in acquisitions and dispositions, including:
- Seller in a $130 million equity sale of a health facility.
- Buyer in an $88 million asset purchase of midstream assets.
- “Rising Star,” Super Lawyers – Rising Stars by Thomson Reuters, 2016-2020
- “Top 25 Business Women,” National Women’s Council, 2014
- Fellow, Texas Bar Foundation
- Arte Público Press, Chair of the Advisory Board, Since 2019
- Leadership Council on Legal Diversity, Fellows Program, 2019
- Hispanic Bar Association of Houston, Board of Directors, 2008-2009
- Houston Bar Association, Past Member of the Diversity and Inclusion Committee (formerly MOILP)
- Joint Ventures
- Mergers, Acquisitions, and Dispositions