Lewis Kasner focuses his practice on commercial real estate transactions and financing and has developed a reputation for his excellent guidance and practical solutions through the transaction process.
Lewis works with both lenders and developers in connection with their real estate and financing needs. As Lender’s counsel, he regularly represents financial institutions in documenting interim and permanent loan transactions ranging from $1,000,000 to in excess of $100,000,000. As a developer’s attorney, Lewis assists with the acquisition, disposition, leasing, and financing of commercial real estate projects.
- Representation of lead lender in structuring of a $150,000,000+ construction loan for the construction of two office towers totaling more than 900,000 square feet
- Representation of seller in connection with a $60,000,000+ disposition of an industrial portfolio
- Representation of lender in connection with $50,000,000+ construction loan for a multifamily and retail development in Austin, Texas
- Representation of lead lender in the structuring of a $42,000,000+ loan secured by an office and retail development
- Representation of the managing partner on a $50,000,000+ downtown office hotel joint venture
- Representation of buyer in the acquisition of a 160,000 square foot Class “A” office building
- Representation of seller in the disposition of a $150,000,000+ office tower
- State Bar of Texas, 2006-Present
- Real Estate Section
- Probate and Trust Section
- Houston Bar Association – Real Property Section
- Texas Exes Houston Chapter, Board Member