Danica L. Milios
Danica Milios is a litigator with Jackson Walker’s appellate practice group. Danica came to Jackson Walker after serving nine years as an Assistant Solicitor General and three years as Deputy Solicitor General in the Texas Attorney General’s Office. In her state practice, Danica handled or substantially participated in several important and high profile appeals, including the 2011 challenge to the State’s franchise tax system and the 2005 school finance case. Danica also served four years as an Assistant Attorney General in the Tort Litigation Division, where she defended state agencies in medical malpractice and other personal injury cases.
Danica has represented clients before the United States Supreme Court, the Courts of Appeals for the Fifth and Ninth Circuits, the Texas Supreme Court, and many of the State’s intermediate courts of appeals.
Danica often begins her involvement in cases at the trial stage of proceedings to ensure proper error preservation and presentation of legal issues. Since moving into private practice, she has handled appeals in a diverse range of areas, including arbitration awards, bill of review procedure, business disparagement, tortious interference with contracts, oil and gas matters, free exercise of speech and religion, and the Texas Citizen’s Participation Act.
B.S., magna cum laude, Texas A&M University
J.D., with honors, University of Texas School of Law
- Intern, Honorable John Cornyn of the Supreme Court of Texas
- Legal Research Board
Supreme Court of the United States
United States Courts of Appeals for the Fifth, Eighth, and Ninth Circuits
United States Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit
- Top Attorneys in Austin, Appellate Law, Austin Monthly Magazine, 2019
- Super Lawyer, Super Lawyers by Thomson Reuters, 2016-2019
- The Top Women Attorneys in Texas, Super Lawyers by Thomson Reuters, 2019
- Texas State Bar, Appellate Section
- Austin Bar Association, Civil Appellate Section
- Travis County Women Lawyers’ Foundation, Board Member, 2017-present
- Texas Law Aggie Society, Board Member, 2018-present