David G. Dunlap
David Dunlap is nationally-recognized in the area of oil and gas finance. Over the course of his career, he has represented lenders and borrowers in billions of dollars of oil and gas financing transactions.
David focuses on providing value to clients in complex financing transactions.
B.B.A., University of Texas at Austin
J.D., University of Texas School of Law
In his over 40 years of practice, David has represented firm clients in the following areas:
- Oil and Gas
- Oil and Gas Finance
- Commercial Finance
- Loan Restructurings
- The Best Lawyers in America (Woodward/White Inc.)
- Natural Resources Law, 2006-2021
- Oil & Gas Law, 2007-2021
- Who’s Who in Energy, Houston Business Journal
- Houston’s Top Lawyers, H Texas magazine
- Super Lawyer, Texas Monthly
- State Bar of Texas, Oil, Gas and Mineral Law Certified
- Board of Legal Specialization – Oil, Gas and Energy Resources Law Section, Former Chairman
- Texas Bar Foundation, Sustaining Life Fellow
- Houston Bar Association, Oil, Gas and Mineral Law Section
- Covenant House Texas, Major Gifts Committee
- Family Houston Foundation, Board Member
In 2014, David represented a public exploration and development company operating in the deepwater Gulf of Mexico in obtaining in excess of $1,000,000,000 of capital for the development of several offshore blocks, including the construction and deployment of a massive production platform.