Michael L. Laussade
Mike Laussade is a Dallas corporate lawyer who focuses his practice on the representation of private investment funds in all aspects of fund formation, regulatory compliance, and capital raising, as well as in a wide range of M&A and venture capital transactions. Mike has significant experience helping fund sponsors navigate complex structure and compliance issues attendant to fund formation, as well assisting funds in the negotiation of co-investments and joint venture relationships.
Mike also serves as outside counsel to privately held companies across a variety of industries, including healthcare, energy, medical devices, real estate, artificial intelligence, hospitality, food service and consumer packaged goods.
B.A., University of Texas at Austin
- Managing Editor, Texas Travesty
- Friar Society
J.D., with honors, University of Texas School of Law
- Editor in Chief, Texas Law Review
Corporate and Securities Matters
- Formation of private investment funds, including hedge funds, private equity funds, venture funds, real estate funds, and oil and gas funds.
- Structure and compliance issues affecting private fund managers under the Investment Advisers Act and Investment Company Act.
- Capital raising transactions of all sizes, ranging from seed-stage convertible note rounds to underwritten public offerings.
- M&A transactions on behalf of both buyers and sellers across a number of industries, including financial services, technology, manufacturing, aviation and energy.
- Corporate governance matters, including stockholder and LLC agreements, partnership disputes, fiduciary duty issues, and books and records requests.
- Represented a public mobile advertising solutions provider in its transformative acquisitions of three international mobile advertising companies valued in excess of $1 billion.
- Represented Bridger Logistics in sale of saltwater disposal, crude oil truck transportation, and logistics businesses to Pilot Flying J.
- Represented IOG Capital in connection with regulatory compliance, fund formation, and co-investment negotiation, including $330 million oil and gas investment partnership with funds and accounts managed by Fortress Investment Group.
- Representation of Prophet Equity in connection with the formation, fundraising, and regulatory compliance for its $345 million second fund, Prophet Equity II LP.
- Represented mortgage fund adviser with over $1 billion in assets under management in all aspects of fund formation and regulatory compliance.
- Representation of Dallas-based fund sponsor in launch of $250 million healthcare private equity fund.
- Representation of Dallas-based fund sponsor in launch of $200 million multi-family real estate fund.
- Representation of Dallas based fund sponsor in launch of $50 million venture capital fund.
- Represented Kalon Biotherapeutics LLC—a joint venture of the State of Texas, acting by and through the Office of the Governor, and The Texas A&M University—in its sale of control to FUJIFILM Diosynth Biotechnologies USA Inc.
- Represented Air Methods Corporation (NASDAQ:AIRM) in acquisition of San Antonio AirLIFE, a medical transport service owned by Baptist Health System of San Antonio/Tenet Corporation, and Bexar County Hospital District, doing business as University Health System.
- Represented PLx Pharma Inc. in negotiation of merger agreement with Dipexium Pharmaceuticals Inc. (NASDAQ:DPRX).
- Community First Award, Parkland Foundation, 2018
- “Best Lawyers in Dallas,” D Magazine, 2016, 2018
- Texas Rising Star, Super Lawyers – Rising Stars by Thomson Reuters, 2010, 2016-2019
- The Best Lawyers in America (Woodward/White Inc.), 2019-2022
- Corporate Law, 2019-2022
Meat Fight, Inc.
- Board of Directors
- General Counsel