Yenmi Tang is an attorney in the energy practice of Jackson Walker’s Houston office. Yenmi assists the group in the drafting and review of legal memoranda, and was a Summer Associate with the Firm in 2017 and 2018.
Prior to joining Jackson Walker, Yenmi was a Marvin D. Nathan Fellow with the Anti-Defamation League, a role in which she performed legal research on civil rights issues, such as hate crimes statutes and free speech on university campuses, and drafted analysis on the treatment of social media platforms as public forums and related First Amendment implications. Yenmi also served as a judicial intern to the Hon. David Hittner of the United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas. While with the Southern District, Yenmi honed her skills in and around the courtroom by researching legal issues and drafting orders related to the RICO Act; reviewing motions, pleadings, and memoranda to verify case law citations; and observing courtroom proceedings for civil and criminal cases.
B.A., cum laude, Trinity University
J.D., cum laude, University of Houston Law Center
- Houston Law Review, Notes & Comments Editor
- Lex Award
- Anti-Defamation League, Marvin D. Nathan Fellow, 2018
- Anti-Defamation League, Glass Leadership Institute Class of 2019
- Co-Author, “A Primer on Understanding Oil and Gas Transportation Agreements and Identifying Key Issues,” The University of Texas School of Law Continuing Legal Education (March 2020)
- University of Houston Law Center Energy and Environmental Law Society, Former Treasurer
- Asian Law Students Association, Former Member