S. Priya Coffey
S. Priya Coffey has experience in assisting clients with complex commercial real estate transactions, including the representation of buyers and sellers in the acquisition and disposition of raw land, office buildings and retail centers, and the representation of landlords and tenants in commercial office building leases and retail leases. Priya’s experience extends to advising her clients on City of Houston ordinances and other governmental compliance related matters.
For residential clients, Priya represents both buyers and sellers in the acquisition and disposition of high-end residential property, and she represents homeowners in homeowner association, deed restriction and City of Houston related issues.
B.A., The University of Chicago
M.Sc., London School of Economics
J.D., Texas Tech University School of Law
- Staff Member, Comment Editor, Texas Tech Law Review
- Top 50 Women Lawyers of Houston, Texas Diversity Council, 2017
- Houston’s Top Lawyers, H Texas magazine, 2010
- Super Lawyers – Rising Stars, Thomson Reuters, 2006-2009
- Houston Professionals on the Fast Track, H Texas magazine, 2006-2007
“There is More Than One Way to Skin a Copycat: The Emergence of Trade Dress to Combat Design Piracy of Fashion Works,” Texas Tech Law Review (1996)
- Recipe for Success, Board of Directors
- South Asian Bar Association of Houston
- Commercial Real Estate Women – Houston (CREW)
- The Junior League of Houston, Inc.
- The University of Chicago’s Houston Regional Council
- Represented landlords in downtown office buildings containing nearly 5,000,000 square feet of office space, for over 15 consecutive years
- Represented a Houston developer in leasing a mixed-use project on Lower Westheimer, which includes 100,000 square feet of office space and more than 50,000 square feet of retail.
- Represented tenants under 100,000 square foot leases in office buildings in the Energy Corridor area of Houston, Texas
- Represented one of the nation’s largest beer distributors in land acquisition and development of beer distributorship center in Pasadena, Texas
- Represented North America’s largest liquor distributor in acquisition of industrial facility in Katy, Texas